Amlodipine + Atenolol
Information about Amlodipine + Atenolol
Amlodipine + atenolol uses
Amlodipine+Atenolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How amlodipine + atenolol works
This is a combination of two medicines: Amlodipine and Atenolol, which lowers blood pressure effectively. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker which works by relaxing blood vessels while atenolol is a beta blocker which works specifically on the heart to slow down the heart rate. Together, they make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of amlodipine + atenolol
Sleepiness, Headache, Ankle swelling, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Slow heart rate, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Constipation, Tiredness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Amlodipine + Atenolol
- ₹23Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83 to ₹207Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹151Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹29FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹81Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹112Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹55Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹106Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹108Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹139 to ₹159Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amlodipine + Atenolol
- You have been prescribed Amlodipine + Atenolol for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.
Frequently asked questions for Amlodipine + Atenolol
Amlodipine + Atenolol
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Amlodipine+Atenolol?
Yes, the use of Amlodipine+Atenolol can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. What lifestyle changes should be made while using Amlodipine+Atenolol?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Amlodipine+Atenolol. Avoid smoking, as smoking increases your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce the risk of heart attack.
Q. Can I stop taking Amlodipine+Atenolol if I feel well?
No, keep using Amlodipine+Atenolol as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Amlodipine+Atenolol suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.
Q. Are there any special instructions regarding the storage and disposal of this medicine?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Q. What are the contraindications associated with the use of Amlodipine+Atenolol?
Amlodipine+Atenolol is considered to be harmful for patients who are allergic to amlodipine, atenolol or any of its ingredients. It should be avoided in patients with history of asthma or lung disease. Also, inform your doctor about your medical history and the medicines you might be taking.
Q. Can the use of Amlodipine+Atenolol cause headache?
Yes, the use of Amlodipine+Atenolol can cause headaches at the beginning of the treatment. Headaches usually go away after the first week of the treatment. Contact your doctor if the headaches are frequent and do not go away.