Amlodipine + Atenolol
Information about Amlodipine + Atenolol
Amlodipine + Atenolol Uses
Amlodipine+Atenolol is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Amlodipine + Atenolol works
Amlodipine + Atenolol is a combination of two medicines: Amlodipine and Atenolol, which lowers blood pressure effectively. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker which works by relaxing blood vessels while atenolol is a beta blocker which works specifically on the heart to slow down the heart rate. Together, they make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of Amlodipine + Atenolol
Sleepiness, Headache, Ankle swelling, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Slow heart rate, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Constipation, Tiredness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Amlodipine + Atenolol
Amlokind-ATMankind Pharma Ltd
₹91 to ₹2273 variant(s)
Stamlo BetaDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹46 to ₹1652 variant(s)
Amodep ATFDC Ltd
Amlovas-ATMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹80 to ₹892 variant(s)
Amlong-AMicro Labs Ltd
₹55 to ₹1222 variant(s)
Amlosafe-ATAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Amlodac ATZydus Cadila
₹106 to ₹1752 variant(s)
Amtas-ATIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹72 to ₹1182 variant(s)
Eslo-ATZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹153 to ₹1732 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amlodipine + Atenolol
- You have been prescribed Amlodipine + Atenolol for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.