Amlodipine + Atenolol
Information about Amlodipine + Atenolol
Amlodipine + atenolol uses
Amlodipine+Atenolol is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How amlodipine + atenolol works
This is a combination of two medicines: Amlodipine and atenolol which lower blood pressure effectively. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker which works by relaxing blood vessels while atenolol is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart to slow down the heart rate. Together, they make the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of amlodipine + atenolol
Sleepiness, Headache, Ankle swelling, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Slow heart rate, Palpitations, Nausea, Edema (swelling), Constipation, Tiredness, Cold extremities
Available Medicine for Amlodipine + Atenolol
- ₹75 to ₹102Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹46 to ₹137Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹66 to ₹74Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹105Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹27FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹52Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹21Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹61 to ₹99Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹104Shreya Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Amlodipine + Atenolol
- You have been prescribed Amlodipine + Atenolol for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering blood pressure reduces chance of future heart attack & strokes.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it can cause sudden increase in your blood pressure.
- Let your doctor know if you are pregnant or planning for pregnancy.