Information about Aminexil
Aminexil is used in the treatment of hair loss.
How aminexil works
Aminexil works by increasing blood flow to the hair follicles, increasing hair follicle size, and prolonging the growth phase of these follicles.
Common side effects of aminexil
Headache, Skin rash, Allergic reaction, Chest pain, Edema, Dermatitis, Abnormal hair growth on a women face and body.
Available Medicine for Aminexil
- ₹1473 to ₹4900Vichy Laboratories3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Aminexil
- You may need to use Aminexil for two to four months before you see new hair growth, as hair growth is a slow process.
- Once you see new hair growth, keep using Aminexil as advised by the doctor. Otherwise, you might observe hair loss again.
- Do not use if
- You have no family history of hair loss
- Your hair loss is sudden and patchy
- You have a shaved scalp
- Your scalp is red, inflamed, irritated and painful
- You are also using other medicines on the scalp
- You are a patient of high blood pressure
- Stop taking Aminexil and talk to your doctor if you experience
- Allergic reactions like swollen face, skin redness or itching or throat tightness
- Low blood pressure, faintness or dizziness
- Avoid contact with eyes. In case of accidental contact, rinse eyes with large amounts of water.
Frequently asked questions for Aminexil
Q. Is aminexil the same as minoxidil?
Yes, aminexil is an analog of minoxidil and works effectively similar to minoxidil in hair loss treatment
Q. Does aminexil regrow hair?
Yes, clinical studies have shown aminexil treatment to be effective in regrowth of hair. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. What is aminexil sp94?
Aminexil is active ingredient and sp94 is extra added ingredient that provides nourishment to the hair from root to tip.