Information about Aminexil
Aminexil is used in the treatment of hair loss.
How Aminexil works
Aminexil is a vasodilator, meaning it widens the blood vessels and provides better blood flow to the hair follicles. This prevents hair loss and stimulates re-growth resulting in longer, thicker and increased numbers of hair.
Common side effects of Aminexil
Skin rash, Chest pain, Slow heart rate, Dizziness, Weight gain, Swelling, Facial hair growth
Available Medicine for Aminexil
Expert advice for Aminexil
- It should only be applied directly to the scalp area. If Aminexil accidentally comes in contact with your eyes, nose or mouth, flush the area thoroughly with cool tap water.
- Wash your hands before and after application.
- Do not shampoo your hair for 4 hours after applying Aminexil or use hairdryer as it can reduce the effectiveness of the medicine.
- During the first 2 weeks of application, your hair fall may increase. This is normal and is a sign that Aminexil is working.
- Take care that Aminexil does not trickle down onto your face as it may cause undesirable facial hair growth.
- The amount of hair regrowth is different for each person. Aminexil may not work for everyone.