How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Allantoin should not be used for more than 7 days. If symptoms persist contact your doctor immediately.
- Avoid contact with eyes and other mucous membrane.
- Stop taking allantoin if you develop severe allergic reactions.
- Do not apply this medication on deep wounds or cuts or any infection on the skin.
- Do not apply allantoin topical if it worsens any existing acne problems.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is allantoin safe and natural?
Allantoin is chemically synthesized for making the ointment. It is safe when used for the condition at the dose for the duration prescribed by the doctor
Q. Is allantoin same as lanolin/ formaldehyde releaser/ aluminium?
Allantoin is not the same as lanolin/ formaldehyde releaser/ aluminium
Q. Does allantoin clog pores/ lighten skin/ cause acne/ cause cancer?
Allantoin may clog pores and may lighten skin. It is not known to cause acne or cure cancer. Please inform your doctor if you observe any side effects while using this ointment.