Information about Adapalene
Adapalene is used in the treatment of acne.
How Adapalene works
Adapalene is a form of vitamin A which treats acne (pimples). It works by preventing accumulation of the sebum (skin’s natural oil) which unblocks the pores and allows natural exfoliation of the outer layers of skin.
Common side effects of Adapalene
Itching, Erythema (skin redness), Dry skin, Skin burn, Skin peeling
Available Medicine for Adapalene
AdaferinGalderma India Pvt Ltd
DerivaGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
ApgelHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
AdiffIpca Laboratories Ltd
AdapenIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
AleneCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹74 to ₹3802 variant(s)
AdapanPanzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
AdmarkUnimarck Healthcare Ltd
DeeNidus Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Adapalene
- Adapalene helps treat mild to moderate acne.
- Apply it to the affected area once a day at bedtime.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight and artificial UV light. Use of sunscreen products (non-comedogenic) and protective clothing over the treated area is recommended.
- Avoid getting it in your eyes or mouth. If this happens, rinse with water immediately.
- Do not apply to broken, sunburnt or sensitive areas of skin. Inform your doctor if you notice unusual dryness, redness and peeling of the skin.
- Avoid getting any cosmetic procedures done without consulting your doctor first.
- Do not use Adapalene if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy.