Information about Adapalene
Adapalene is used in the treatment of acne.
How adapalene works
Adapalene works by slowing the production of certain natural substances that can cause acne.
Common side effects of adapalene
Dry skin, Skin burn, Irritation, Redness of skin
Available Medicine for Adapalene
- ₹74Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹88Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Adapalene
- Do not start or continue adapalene and consult your doctor if you are allergic to adapalene, or to
- Do not start or continue adapalene and consult your doctorif you have cuts or scrapes or on sunburnt skin
- Do not start or continue adapalene and consult your doctorif you have a skin condition called eczema
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth or angles of the nose, and avoid other very sensitive areas of your body. If accidental contact does occur, immediately wash with warm water.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight and artificial UV light. Use of sunscreen products and protective clothing over the treated area is recommended.
- If you experience sensitivity or irritation when applying this medicine, stop using it and tell your doctor. You may be asked to use the cream less often, or to stop using it for a short time.
- Talk with your doctor before taking azathioprine if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for Adapalene
Q. Is adapalene / Differin/Adaferin a steroid or statin?
No. Adapalene belongs to class of medications called retinoid-like compounds
Q. Is adapalene safe?
Adapalene is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is adapalene good for wrinkles?
In some clinical studies, anti-wrinkle effect of adapalne has been observed. However, consult your doctor regarding its use
Q. Is adapalene the same as Retin-A?
No. Adapalene is a medication that works in the same way as Retin-A, but it is more effective than Retin-A
Q. Does adapalene reduces acne scars?
Q. Does adapalene skin exfoliation?
Yes, it may sometime cause skin exfoliation.