Information about Adalimumab
Adalimumab is used in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease.
How adalimumab works
Adalimumab blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain joint diseases.
Common side effects of adalimumab
Headache, Sinus inflammation, Rash, Upper respiratory tract infection, Injection site reaction
Available Medicine for Adalimumab
- ₹25000Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹22000Reliance Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹25000Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹24900Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Adalimumab
- Do not take adalimumab if you have recently received live vaccine or BCG instillation.
- Live vaccine administration is not recommended for at least 5 months following adalimumab injection during pregnancy.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you get signs of infection including fever, cough, weight loss, flu-like symptoms, red or hot skin, wounds or dental problems, feel unwell, allergic reaction, suffer from heart, liver, lung or nervous system problems, immune system disorder called lupus, low blood cell count.
- Avoid contact with people who have infections.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop a new serious infection or sepsis.
- Adalimumab should be used with caution in patients with mild heart failure.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to Adalimumab or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Adalimumab
Q. Is adalimumab a steroid/ causes weight gain?
Adalimumab is not a steroid but it may cause weight gain
Q. Can I take adalimumab in shingles?
You will be recommended to take herpes zoster (shingles) vaccination before starting adalimumab treatment. Seek immediate medical attention in case if you come into contact with someone who has chickenpox or shingles
Q. Can I take adalimumab with ibuprofen/tylenol/naproxen/antibiotics/probiotics?
Patients should follow doctor's advice before taking antibiotics with adalimumab as few may cause interaction.