Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Information about Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Acebrophylline + montelukast uses
Acebrophylline+Montelukast is used in the treatment of asthma.
How acebrophylline + montelukast works
This is a combination of two medicines: Acebrophylline and montelukast. Acebrophylline is a mucolytic. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of leukotriene, a chemical messenger. This reduces inflammation in the airways and nose to prevent asthma and relieve symptoms of allergies.
Common side effects of acebrophylline + montelukast
Vomiting, Upset stomach, Heartburn, Stomach pain, Rash, Itching, Hives, Drowsiness, Breathing problems, Increased white blood cell count, Nasal inflammation, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline + Montelukast
- ₹207Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹201Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹191Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹184Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹176Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹130Seagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹125Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹168Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Apex Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹150Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acebrophylline + Montelukast
- Acebrophylline + Montelukast helps in prevention and treatment of asthma.
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may need to take regular blood test to monitor the level of drug in your body to make sure that you are taking the right dose.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Q. How to take Acebrophylline+Montelukast?
Take Acebrophylline+Montelukast exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Acebrophylline+Montelukast should be taken after food to avoid stomach discomfort.
Q. Can I stop Acebrophylline+Montelukast when my symptoms are relieved?
No, Acebrophylline+Montelukast should be continued as advised by the doctor. Inform your doctor if you experience any problem due to the use of Acebrophylline+Montelukast.
Q. Are there any serious side effects associated with the use of Acebrophylline+Montelukast?
Serious side effects with Acebrophylline+Montelukast are uncommon and rare. Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any side effects like upper respiratory tract infection, fever, headache, pharyngitis, cough, abdominal pain, diarrhea, influenza. irritability, restlessness, bad or vivid dreams, sleep walking, depression, suicidal thoughts, disorientation (confusion) and hallucinations.
Q. Will a higher than the recommended dose of Acebrophylline+Montelukast be more effective?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Acebrophylline+Montelukast will not make it more effective. Further, it can lead to increased side effects. If the symptoms are getting worse, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Acebrophylline+Montelukast?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.