Information about Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Acebrophylline + Montelukast Uses
Acebrophylline+Montelukast is used in the treatment of asthma.
How Acebrophylline + Montelukast works
Acebrophylline + Montelukast is a combination of two medicines: Acebrophylline and montelukast. Acebrophylline is a mucolytic. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out. Montelukast is a leukotriene antagonist. It works by blocking the action of leukotriene, a chemical messenger. This reduces inflammation in the airways and nose to prevent asthma and relieve symptoms of allergies.
Common side effects of Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Vomiting, Upset stomach, Heartburn, Stomach pain, Rash, Itching, Hives, Drowsiness, Breathing problems, Increased white blood cell count, Nasal inflammation, Flu-like symptoms
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline + Montelukast
Montek ABSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Telekast ALupin Ltd
Glemont-AGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Montemac AMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
MucidaySeagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
Oxybro PlusCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Spiromont-AKoye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
Lasma ABApex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Acebrophylline + Montelukast
- Acebrophylline + Montelukast helps in prevention and treatment of asthma.
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may need to take regular blood test to monitor the level of drug in your body to make sure that you are taking the right dose.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.