Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
Information about Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
Acebrophylline + acetylcysteine uses
Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine is used to prevent chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How acebrophylline + acetylcysteine works
This is a combination of two mucolytic medicines: Acebrophylline and Acetylcysteine. It thins and loosens mucus (phlegm) making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of acebrophylline + acetylcysteine
Vomiting, Heartburn, Stomach pain, Stomach upset, Rash, Urticaria, Itching, Drowsiness, Breathing difficulty, Nasal inflammation, Increased white blood cell count
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
- ₹171Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹144Mankind Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹166Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹174Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹145Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹142Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹120MMC Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Indiabulls pharmaceutical ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹235Biomax Biotechnics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140Invision Medi Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
- Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine helps in prevention and treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It has a smelly odor. This is normal and does not indicate that the medicine has changed.
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- Drink plenty of fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Use your rescue inhaler to control sudden difficulty in breathing.
- Your doctor may need to take regular blood test to monitor the level of drug in your body to make sure that you are taking the right dose.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
Frequently asked questions for Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
Acebrophylline + Acetylcysteine
Q. Will Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine be more effective if taken in higher doses?
No, taking more of this medicine will not make it more effective, rather it can lead to increased side effects. If symptoms are not getting relieved by the recommended doses, please consult the doctor for re-evaluation.
Q. Can Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine interfere with laboratory tests?
Yes, Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine contains Acetylcysteine which may interfere with laboratory tests like urine ketone test and may cause false test results. Inform your doctor if you are using Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine before taking any tests.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Acebrophylline+Acetylcysteine?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.