Information about Abatacept
Abatacept is used in the treatment of ankylosing spondylitis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease.
How abatacept works
Abatacept blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain joint diseases.
Common side effects of abatacept
Nausea, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis.
Available Medicine for Abatacept
- ₹31851Bms India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Abatacept
- Before taking abatacept, you may be tested for tuberculosis (infection of the lungs due to certain bacteria) or viral hepatitis (infection in the liver due to a virus).
- Avoid contact with people who have cold or any type of infections.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop any kind of infection.
- Do not take any vaccinations while using abatacept and within 3 months after stopping abatacept treatment.
- Do not take abatacept along with other rheumatoid arthritis biologic therapy.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as abatacept may causedizziness and visual disturbances.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Abatacept
Q. Is abatacept a biologic/ monoclonal antibody?
No. Abatacept is not a biologic/ monoclonal antibody. It belongs to class of drugs called immunomodulators.