Information about Abatacept
Abatacept is used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
How Abatacept works
Abatacept blocks the action of certain chemical messengers that are responsible for inflammation, swelling and redness associated with certain joint diseases.
Common side effects of Abatacept
Nausea, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection, Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
Expert advice for Abatacept
- It is given by injection into a vein or injection under the skin.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you notice severe rash, infection, swelling of face and hand, and trouble breathing.
- Inform your doctor if you have to go for vaccination as Abatacept makes the vaccine less effective.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor first.