Medicine Overview of Wells Tablet
Side effects of Wells Tablet
Sleepiness, Increased heart rate, Dry mouth, Blurred vision, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Difficulty in urination, Weight gain, Constipation.
How to use Wells Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Wells 12.5mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
How Wells Tablet works
Wells 12.5mg Tablet increases the levels of chemical messengers in the brain that help in regulating the mood and treat depression.
In Depth Information on Wells Tablet
Expert advice for Wells Tablet
- The main dose should be taken at night as this drug may produce drowsiness or sleepiness.
- It can take 4 to 6 weeks for Wells to start working.
- You should continue the treatment for at least 6 months after you feel better to stop depression from coming back.
- If your doctor asks you to stop Wells, you should reduce the dose slowly over 4 weeks. You should not discontinue it abruptly.
- Avoid driving or operating machinery as it may decrease alertness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Wells, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- The addiction/dependence potential of Wells is very less.
- It may be extremely dangerous in overdose.
Wells Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Wells Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Wells 12.5mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Wells 12.5mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Wells 12.5mg Tablet may cause side effects which could affect your ability to drive.
Wells 12.5mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Wells 12.5mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
There is limited information available on the use of Wells 1+more
2.5mg Tablet in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Mezolam 7.5mg Injection, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION, Barbinol 20mg/5ml Syrup
If you miss a dose of Tianeptine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Wells Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Tianeptine
Wells is not an opiate. It belongs to class of medications called antidepressants. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Wells is not approved by FDA
Wells causing addiction is very rare. However, consult your doctor, if you develop addiction.