Medicine Overview of Sutent Capsule
Sutent 25mg Capsule is used in the treatment of kidney cancer
and gastrointestinal stromal tumour.
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Edema, Rash, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Dyspepsia, Discoloration of skin, Fatigue, Fever, Dry skin, Bleeding, Increased blood pressure, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Hand-foot syndrome, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Hair discolouration.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Sutent 25mg Capsule may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Sutent 25mg Capsule is an anti-cancer medication. It works by blocking the action of the abnormal protein that signals cancer cells to multiply. This helps to stop or slow the spread of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Sutent Capsule
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: high blood pressure, blood disease, bleeding problems, or bruising, heart problems, abnormal blood clots in your arteries or veins causing stroke, chest pain or pain/swelling in legs, hypothyroidism (under-functioning) of thyroid gland, pancreatic or gallbladder disorders, liver problems or jaundice, skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders including infectious/non-infectious skin rashes, diabetes or seizure disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you have or are going to undergo a surgery, including dental surgery.
- Sunitinib can cause dizziness and unusual tiredness. Do not drive or operate machinery or engage in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination, until you feel fine.
- Sunitinib may cause your skin to turn yellow and your hair to lighten and lose color. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Your blood pressure should be checked regularly while you are taking sunitinib as it may cause high blood pressure.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Sutent Capsule related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Sutent 25mg Capsule is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Sutent 25mg Capsule is probably unsafe to use during lactati
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Sutent 25mg Capsule may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired,
or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Sutent 25mg Capsule is safe to use in patients with kidney d
isease. No dose adjustment of Sutent 25mg Capsule is recommended.
Sutent 25mg Capsule should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Sutent 25mg Capsule may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Limited information is available on the use of Sutent 25mg Capsule in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Sunitinib, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Sutent Capsule
Yes, Sutent is cytotoxic and hence used in the treatment of certain types of cancer. However, its cytotoxic property can cause several side effects. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Sutent inhibits the proteins that signal growth and spread of cancer cells. This result in stopping or slowing the spread of cancerous cells and helps shrink the tumors
Sutent is used for the treatment of gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST, tumor that occurs in the gastrointestinal tract, most commonly in the stomach or small intestine); metastatic renal cell carcinoma (MRCC, cancer that has spread beyond its site of origin in the kidney, to other organs in the body) and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNET, islet cell carcinoma)
Sutent can decrease the size, and helps in controlling the growth of cancer cells. The response to Sutent depends on the type and the extent of cancer, as well as the involvement of other organs by the primary cancer.
User Submitted Feedback For Sutent 25mg Capsule
Patients taking Sutent 25mg Capsule What were the side-effects while using this medicine? How do you take this medicine? How much was the improvement? Please rate this medicine on price? What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 2
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Sutent 25mg Capsule. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Sutent 25mg Capsule: EMB, SBL, OHM, NVL, RUS, PEN, BBS, HRV, RSS, BSN, ADT, BTM, RSA, UMP, PWN, SSA, EQN, ZVP, NVY, MAM, ARD, SWA, HIP, DDR, USF, SAT, SDM, AVN, AAR, ENP, PVP, DLP, ATL, SHS, MAK, IAD, HGI, SVH, BMJ, MMS, PPR, HAT, AMR, LCC, HEX, SRG, TRP, AYU, DHR, MPC, PLT, RKS, KHH, BIO, SYN, GBL, RJH, SHP, SJP, OWP, AAY, WLC, HBV, SCH, OIP, GTC, THP, SHD, SAF, GPP, MAX, STA, MOM, SHM, LHA, IPL, RHW, AGT, GPT, ATP, NWP, INC, JVO, CLT, OLT, BDN, DPP, JVN, WSI, NDP, DYG, RPP, RHL, JMJ, FGH, HMP, DPL, SBA, PTI, MSD, NNH, 9T9, SWP, GNC, JIV, DFP, GTK, MLC, PNT