food interaction for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
alcohol interaction for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
pregnancy interaction for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
lactation interaction for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
Avoid Rilutor 50mg tablet with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
Patients taking RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
- 80%Twice A Day
- 20%Once A Day
SUBSTITUTES for RILUTOR 50MG TABLETNo substitutes found
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Samir ParikhMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
- Riluzole is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have any liver or kidney problems or a low white blood cell count or experience any symptoms such as yellowing of your skin or the white of your eyes (jaundice), itching, feeling sick, fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- You should be regularly monitored for liver parameters and blood counts while on riluzole therapy.
- Avoid large amounts of caffeine-containing foods and beverages, such as coffee, tea, cocoa, cola drinks, and chocolate as it may interact with riluzole.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as it may cause dizziness or drowsiness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for RILUTOR 50MG TABLET
Q.What is riluzole used for/ what is riluzole treatment/ what is riluzole prescribed for/ / how does riluzole work against ALS/ what does riluzole treat/ how safe is riluzole for depression?
Riluzole is used in the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) which is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord (responsible for sending instructions to the muscles leading to weakness, muscle wasting and paralysis). It is not used for the treatment of depression
Q.How does riluzole work/ how does riluzole work against ALS/ how does riluzole act/work/affect in the body/ how long does riluzole prolong life/ how does riluzole affect the brain?
Riluzole belongs to the class of drugs called benzothiazole. It works by stopping the release of glutamate (a chemical messenger) which causes the destruction of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord, thereby, preventing the damage of nerve cells and helping in prolonging survival and/or delaying the need for surgery to help breathing (tracheostomy).