food interaction for ONITRAZ FORTE
alcohol interaction for ONITRAZ FORTE
pregnancy interaction for ONITRAZ FORTE
lactation interaction for ONITRAZ FORTE
Avoid Onitraz forte capsule with high-fat meals such as olive oil, nuts & seeds (Brazil nuts), dark chocolate, butter and meat.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for ONITRAZ FORTE
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ONITRAZ FORTE CAPSULE
Patients taking ONITRAZ FORTE CAPSULE
- 74%Once A Day
- 26%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for ONITRAZ FORTE
- CANDIFORCE 200 MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 24/capsuleRs. 96save 47% more per capsule
- ITRASYS 200 MG CAPSULE(2 capsules in strip)Systopic Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 23/capsuleRs. 46save 49% more per capsule
- ITASPOR 200 MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 55/capsuleRs. 220pay 21% more per capsule
- CAPITRA 200 MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Albatross Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 22.50/capsuleRs. 90save 51% more per capsule
- ITRADERM DS CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 22/capsuleRs. 88save 52% more per capsule
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Ira ChopraMBBS, MS
- Dr. Ajay SharmaMBBS, MS
Expert advice for ONITRAZ FORTE
- If you are taking an antiacid, take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after taking itraconazole.
- Do not take Itraconazole, if you are pregnant, think that you might be pregnant, or are breast-feeding.
- Itraconazole may make you feel dizzy, or have blurred/double vision, or affect your hearing. Do not drive or use machines if you feel dizzy, or if your eyesight or hearing are affected.
- Stop taking itraconazole and consult your doctor immediately, if you experience severe allergic reactions such as red and itchy skin rash, difficulty breathing, swelling of face, mouth, lips or eyelids, unexplained high temperature (fever) and feeling faint.
- Inform your doctor immediately, if you experience loss of hearing or hearing disturbances or ringing in the ears, blurred or double vision or sensitivity to light or inability to control urine or increased urination or diarrhea.
- Inform your doctor, if you have or have had liver or kidney problem, as the dose of itraconazole may have to be changed, and the liver function will have to be tested periodically.
- Inform your doctor before taking itraconazole, if you are suffering from HIV/ AIDS, or any other disease where your immune system is compromised.
Frequently asked questions for ONITRAZ FORTE
Q.What is Itaspor/ Candistat cap/ Canditral/ Sporanox used for?
Itaspor/ Candistat cap/ Canditral/ Cporanox are all trade names for itraconazole, which is an antifungal medicine used to treat fungal infections of mouth, throat and food pipe
Q.Is Canditral/Sporanox an antibiotic?
Itraconazole/ Canditral/Sporanox are anti-fungal antibiotics. They can treat infections caused by fungi, but not by bacteria or parasites
Q.Is Sporanox safe?
Yes, itraconazole/ Sporanox is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is Sporanox a steroid?
No, itraconazole/ Sporanox is not a steroid. It is an azole derivative antifungal medicine
Q.Is Sporanox stronger than Diflucan?
Sporanox (itraconazole) is effective against wider range of fungal infections as compared to Diflucan (fluconazole). However, as far as cure of fungal infections and side-effects are concerned, both drugs are equally effective and safe. Although itraconazole (Sporanox) has a broader action on different types of fungi than fluconazole (Diflucan), the strength of the two is comparable
Q.Can I take itraconazole with paracetamol?
There are no known drug interactions between itraconazole when taken with paracetamol. Consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on itraconazole
Q.Can I take itraconazole with amoxicillin or penicillin?
There are no known drug interactions between itraconazole when taken with amoxicillin or penicillin. Consult your doctor about all medications currently taken before starting and while on itraconazole
Q.Does itraconazole affect birth control?
There are no known influences of itraconazole on birth control medicatio
Q.Does itraconazole treat ringworm?
Yes, itraconazole/ Sporanox is used to treat ringworm
Q.Does itraconazole cause blood pressure, weight gain, and drowsiness?
Yes, itraconazole can rarely cause increase in blood pressure, weight gain and drowsiness
Q.Does itraconazole cause erectile dysfunction or affect sperms?
Yes, itraconazole can rarely lead to erectile dysfunction. There are no known effects on sperm count
Q.Is itraconazole/ Sporanox an OTC drug?
No itraconazole/ Sporanox is a scheduled drug, available on producing a prescriptio
Q.Is itraconazole/ Sporanox a sulfa drug?
No, itraconazole/ Sporanox is not a sulfa drug. It is an azole derivative antifungal medicine