Medicine Overview of Omnipaque Injection
Omnipaque 300mg Injection is used in diagnosis of disease of spinal cord.
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Iohexol belongs to a class of drugs known as radiographic contrast agents. It enhances imaging due to its high Iodine content attenuating the beam of X-rays during examination.
In Depth Information on Omnipaque Injection
• Keep yourself well hydrated before consumption of any contrast media to prevent any kidney damage.
• Inform your doctor if you are diabetic or if you have cancer, pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor), blood disorder (Sickle cell anemia) or thyroid disorder or if you have a history of fits (epilepsy), heart diseases, multiple sclerosis or alcoholism.
• Seek immediate medical attention if you experience chest pain spreading to other parts of body, headache, and numbness after receiving iohexol.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Patients allergic to Iohexol or any of its ingredients and any other iodinated contrast media should avoid taking it.
• Patient with any local or systemic infection which may cause infection in blood (bacteremia) or receiving other medicine such as corticosteroids in case the contrast media has to be administered intrathecal (within the layers of spinal cord) should avoid taking Iohexol.
Omnipaque Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Omnipaque 300mg Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Omnipaque 300mg Injection is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
It is not known whether Omnipaque 300mg Injection alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react.
Omnipaque 300mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Omnipaque 300mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Omnipaque 300mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Omnipaque 300mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Not applicable. Omnipaque 300mg Injection is given before imaging test, so it is important to take it at the time as advised by the doctor. If you miss the dose, your test results can be inaccurate.
Frequently asked questions about Omnipaque Injection
Q. How does Iohexol work?
Iohexol contains iodine and works by enhancing contrasts to body parts and fluids. Iohexol improves the images obtained during a CT scan for easily diagnose your condition
Q. Is Iohexol radioactive?
No, it is not radioactive
Q. Is Iohexol water soluble?
Yes. Iohexol is a water soluble iodinated contrast medium.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Omnipaque 300mg Injection: BAL, VDH, GPP, KIS, DGN, MAM, DZY, DVH, STA, HNP, MPC, INC, 9T9, OWP, DPP, BLE, HZF, ADT, UMP, ZPR, ZEL, GTC, AAR, SWA, USF, RHW, JBT, BHM, BHS, MSD, NAS, FGH, BMJ, NNP, OLT, SHC, IAD, SSA, RUS, SCH, PMA, TFP, BLS, AYU, DHR, P2P, SBA, THP, KHH, GHR, NTB, SGH, KHC, RDH, GPT, NVL, SHD, SGC, SYN, OIP, TOM, CLT, GNC, BTM, BIO, VJS, JSL, PLT, PWN, MDH, UBL, SAF, RSA, HTS, LHA, DHP, AYM, ESY, RSS, PNT, JHC, OHM, ATP, IPL, RJH, VNS, DPL, NSL, SWP, RWP, NWP, QLF, ATL, TRP, ARD, RPP, HSP, EQN, QTM, ABP, ENP, PEN, MLC, BGS, KMC, BBS, SVS, WSI, MMS, LCC, HIP, SVH, SLN, EVP, HBV, AGT, BHP, NXG, DFP, MAX, BDN, ZVP, WHL, HMP, BSN, NVY, GBL, NDP, PPR, TNH, PRN, MAP, JVO, HGI, HPC, SBL, SRG, NNH, MDO, AVS, BAP, GTK, PVP, AAY, AMR, EPS, JVN, HAT, MAK, SPD, PTI, SJP, SDM, JIV, RDR, LMS, AWS, SMN, VRS, RHL, HEX, DYG, CHP, EMB, RKS, ANT, RPI, DAO