food interaction for NORIP
alcohol interaction for NORIP
pregnancy interaction for NORIP
lactation interaction for NORIP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NORIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NORIP
- SENSIVAL 25 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.12/tabletRs. 31.20pay 21% more per tablet
- PRIMOX 25 MG TABLET(10 tablet in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 2.60/tabletRs. 26pay 1% more per tablet
- NORTRIP 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)A N PharmaciaRs. 1.73/tabletRs. 17.32save 33% more per tablet
- NORTIMER 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3/tabletRs. 30pay 17% more per tablet
- NORTIN 25MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)La PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.98/tabletRs. 19.80save 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for NORIP
- Talk to your doctor if you feel sudden mood changes or unusual thoughts.
- Do not take this drug if you are consuming antidepressants (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) or have been taking them within the previous two weeks.
- Do not drink alcohol while you are taking this drug.
- Avoid unnecessary or prolonged exposure to sunlight or ultraviolet light (tanning beds and sunlamps) and to wear protective clothing, sunglasses, and sunscreen. Nortriptyline may make your skin sensitive to sunlight or ultraviolet light. If your skin becomes reddened, swollen, or blistered, consult your doctor.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Nortriptyline can make you dizzy or drowsy. Avoid driving or performing activities that require mental alertness.
Frequently asked questions for NORIP
Q.Is nortriptyline an MAOI/SSRI?
No, they belong to class of medication called as tricyclic antidepressant
Q.Is nortriptyline same as amitryptiline?
Nortriptyline and amitriptyline belongs to same category of drugs with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response
Q.Is nortriptyline safe?
Nortriptyline is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is nortriptyline/Sensival used for?
Nortriptyline is used for the treatment of depression and nocturnal bed wetting (enuresis) in children
Q.Is nortriptyline like xenan?
No, xenan belongs to class of medication called as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
Q.Is nortriptyline a controlled substance?
No, Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take nortriptyline with ibubrufen/citalopram/ gabapentin/tramadol/hydrocodone/codeine/zopiclone/ clonazepam/Ambien (zolpidem)/Nyquil (antihistaminic)?
No possible interaction has been reported with these drugs. Patients should follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Does nortriptyline cause weight loss/gain, acne, sleepiness, hair loss, dry mouth, memory loss?
Nortriptyline may cause weight gain/loss, loss of hair, dry mouth. Always consult your doctor regarding possible side effects
Q.Can nortriptyline be used for treating pain (back pain)?
No, it is used to treat depression and nocturnal bed wetting.