food interaction for ESSENTIALE L
alcohol interaction for ESSENTIALE L
pregnancy interaction for ESSENTIALE L
lactation interaction for ESSENTIALE L
SALT INFORMATION for ESSENTIALE L
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for ESSENTIALE L 350MG CAPSULE
Patients taking ESSENTIALE L 350MG CAPSULE
- 44%Twice A Day
- 37%Once A Day
- 15%Thrice A Day
- 3%Alternate Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for ESSENTIALE LNo substitutes found
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for ESSENTIALE L
- Do consult your doctor before taking lecithin, if you have malabsorption (poor absorption of nutrients across the digestive tract into blood circulation) problems. You may develop loose motions (diarrhea) or excess fats in feces (steatorrhea).
- Use of lecithin in children should strictly be under medical supervision.
- Lecithin supplements are usually meant to be taken three times daily with meals.
- Do consult your doctor before using lecithin, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for ESSENTIALE L
Q.Is lecithin vegetarian/vegan/halal/gluten free?
Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand regarding source and other additives before use
Q.Is lecithin safe/bad for you?
Lecithin is a type of lipid or fat (phospholipid) that offers several health benefits. In the form of a supplement it is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is lecithin a protein?
No. Lecithin is a type of lipid or fat (phospholipid) that offers several health benefits
Q.Is lecithin soy?
Soy or soybean is a major source of lecithin
Q.Can I take lecithin with fish oil/ thyroxin/ antibiotics/ statins/ blood pressure tablets/ simvastatin?
Yes.There are no known major interactions of lecithin with fish oil, thyroxin, commonly used antibiotics or blood pressure medicines and statins including simvastatin
Q.Does lecithin help lose weight?
It may be beneficial in reducing body weight. Lecithin is usually used as a part of a regimen that includes diet, exercise and other medications
Lecithin is used to aid treatment of lowering blood cholesterol
Q.Does lecithin lower blood pressure/thin blood/burn fat/decrease milk supply?
Lecithin has no known effect on lowering blood pressure or changing the fluidity of blood. It does not ‘burn fat' (increase metabolism that helps lower fat).It reduces fat through a different mechanism. Lecithin has no known effect on production or release of breast milk
Q.Does lecithin cause gas/ acne?
No.Causing gas and acne are not among the possible side effects of lecithin
Q.Does lecithin help with memory?
Lecithin has shown positive effects on memory in patients with Alzheimer's disease or dementia.