food interaction for DENTOGEL
alcohol interaction for DENTOGEL
pregnancy interaction for DENTOGEL
lactation interaction for DENTOGEL
SALT INFORMATION for DENTOGEL
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for DENTOGEL 8.7%/2% GEL
Patients taking DENTOGEL 8.7%/2% GEL
- 67%Once A Day
- 17%Thrice A Day
- 17%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for DENTOGEL
- DENTACAIN 8.7%/2% GEL(10 GM gel in tube)Med Manor Organics Pvt LtdRs. 5.80/GM of gelRs. 58pay 1% more per GM of gel
Expert advice for DENTOGEL
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to choline salicylate or any of the ingredients of the gel or oral solution.
- Do not apply choline salicylate to open wounds.
- Do not use the oral gel with children or adolescents who are less than 16 years of age because some studies show a link between salicylate use and Reye’s syndrome (affects the brain, liver and may be fatal).
- Do not put dentures or braces back in the mouth for half an hour after applying the gel in your mouth.
- Consult your doctor before taking choline salicylate: If you are breast-feeding or pregnant.
- Do not smoke while using the drug as it may increase the side effects.
- Consult your doctor if your pain does not improve after using this medication for 7-14 days, or if your symptoms get worse.
- Call your doctor at once if you have symptoms of stomach bleeding such as black, bloody, or tarry stools, or coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Frequently asked questions for DENTOGEL
Q.What is choline salicylate used for?
Choline salicylate is used in combination with magnesium salicylate as part of anti-pain medication. It is used to relieve pain and discomfort in the mouth caused by ulcers, sores or using dentures. It is also used for relief from pain, swelling and stiffness caused due to arthritis or shoulder problems
Q.What is choline salicylate?
Choline salicylate belongs to a class of medication called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is used to relieve pain
Q.Is it aspirin?
It is not aspirin, but is similar to Aspirin as both belong to the same class of drugs called NSAIDs
Q.Is choline salicylate safe for babies?
Choline salicylate is not safe for babies. It is known to be linked to Reye's syndrome which affects the brain and liver and may be fatal.
Q.Are lidocaine, lignocaine, and xylocaine the same things?
Yes. These are all the other names for an amide type local anesthetic, lidocaine. Lidocaine acts by stopping the sensation of pain by acting on peripheral nerves in the body. It is generally available as topical gel formulation however injections are also available
Q.Is lidocaine an opiate/ narcotic/ steroid drug/ omega 3/ nitrates/ cholesterol/ contain codeine/ sulpha?
No. Lidocaine (Lox) is an amide type local anesthetic used to relieve pain topically or by an injection. It is not an opiate narcotic, steroid, omega 3, nitrates, and cholesterol. It does not contain codeine or sulpha
Q.Is lidocaine and Lox2 safe?
Lidocaine (also available as Lox2) is safe for usage when applied topically as instructed by a doctor. Lidocaine in injectable formulation must not be self-medicated. Always follow the doctor's advice regarding its use
Q.Is lidocaine a controlled substance / addictive?
No. Lidocaine is not controlled substance or addictive
Q.Is lidocaine available over the counter?
No. It is categorized as schedule H drug in India and it is available only by prescription given by your docto
Q.Is Lox (lidocaine) safe to eat?
No. Lidocaine should never be taken by mouth
Q.Does lignocaine cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm?
Lignocaine is not known to cause swelling/ drowsiness/ makes you high/ weight gain/ kill sperm. However, if you experience such side effects consult your doctor
Q.Can I take Advil/ ibuprofen/paracetamol/ Tylenol/ Vicodin/ Nyquil with lidocaine?
Lignocaine can be taken with above mentioned drugs. Consult your doctor regarding its use.