Medicine Overview of Canesten Powder
Uses of Canesten Powder
Canesten 1% Powder is used in the treatment of Fungal infections.
How to use Canesten Powder
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Canesten 1% Powder at a fixed time.
How Canesten Powder works
Canesten 1% powder stops the growth of fungus by preventing them from making their protective covering.
In Depth Information on Canesten Powder
Expert advice for Canesten Powder
- Do not use clotrimazole topical for vaginal infections if you are menstruating.
- Do not take clotrimazole pessary by mouth. Avoid direct contact of cream or drops with your eyes. In case of direct contact, wash your eyes with water immediately and seek immediate medical attention.
- Do not use tampons, vaginal douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products while using clotrimazole for vaginal infections.
- Avoid vaginal intercourse during treatment of vaginal infections.
- Do not use the vaginal tablets in children younger than 16 years.
- Tell your doctor if you have had two infections of fungal vaginitis in the last six months, history of sexually transmitted disease (STD) or exposed to a partner with STD, or have pregnancy or suspected pregnancy.
- Tell your doctor before using clotrimazole, if you have any of the following symptoms: irregular or abnormal vaginal bleeding, a blood-stained discharge, vulval or vaginal ulcers, blisters or sores, lower abdominal pain, fever or chills, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, or foul smelling vaginal discharge.
- Seek immediate medical advice if symptoms do not relieve within a week of using vaginal cream or tablets, or infection recurs more than twice within six months.
- Patients allergic to clotrimazole or other imidazole antifungal medications or any of its ingredients.
- It should not given to patients who never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor.
- It should not take if patient is who have itching caused by a condition other than a yeast infection.
Special precautions for Canesten 1% Powder
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Canesten 1% Powder is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Canesten 1% Powder is safe to use during lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.+more
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area....
It should be wiped off thoroughly prior to nursing if it is being applied to the breast or nipple area.
Canesten 1% Powder does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Caneste+more
n 1% Powder in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Canesten 1% Powder
Frequently asked questions for Clotrimazole Topical
Q. Is clotrimazole a steroid?
Clotrimazole is an imidazole antifungal medication and not a steroid.
User Submitted Feedback For Canesten 1% Powder
Patients taking Canesten 1% Powder
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Four Times A Day
Substitutes for Canesten Powder
Imidil 1% Dusting Powder
Hetero Drugs Ltd
₹0.6/gm of Dusting Powder
Magnaderm 1% Dusting Powder
Anhox Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹0.73/gm of Dusting Powder
Zocon 1% Dusting Powder
₹0.9/gm of Dusting Powder
Cloben Dusting Powder
Indoco Remedies Ltd
₹0.94/gm of Dusting Powder
Kansel 1% Dusting Powder
₹0.95/gm of Dusting Powder