food interaction for BETSONE
alcohol interaction for BETSONE
pregnancy interaction for BETSONE
lactation interaction for BETSONE
medicine interaction for BETSONE
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR BETSONE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR BETSONE
- BETNESOL 1 MG FORTE TABLET(20 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 0.73/tabletRs. 14.58pay 301% more per tablet
- BETAMINE FORTE 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 0.52/tabletRs. 5.18pay 185% more per tablet
- BELAR FORTE 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Comed Chemicals LtdRs. 0.55/tabletRs. 5.45pay 199% more per tablet
- BETAMINE 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Unimarck Healthcare LtdRs. 0.31/tabletRs. 3.10pay 70% more per tablet
- STEMIN FORTE TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 0.68/tabletRs. 6.78pay 273% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR BETSONE
- Take betamethasone tablet by mouth with food or milk to prevent stomach upset.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients of the tablet.
- Do not take betamethasone tablets If you have an infection and have not yet started taking medicine (e.g. antibiotics) to treat it.
- Do not use betamethasone cream if you are allergic to betamethasone or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- Do not use the cream on your face repetitively for more than 5 days.
- Do not use a large amount of cream continuously on large areas of the body since it can affect your hormones.
- Excessive usage of cream in children might affect their growth and development.
- Don’t apply the cream near your eyes.
- Don’t swallow the cream, it is not meant for internal use.
- Don’t use the cream under plaster or bandage.
Frequently asked questions FOR BETSONE
Q. Are betnesol, stemin, stemin forte, betamil, and betamine same drugs?
Yes, these are all brand names of betamethasone drug belonging to a class of corticosteroids. However, their quantity might vary depending on the brand or formulation. Always seek doctor’s advice with regards to dosage and duration of the drug
Q. Is betamethasone, betnesol, betnesol forte a steroid/ antibiotic?
Yes, betamethasone, betnesol and betnesol forte belongs to a class of drugs called corticosteroids. It is not an antibiotic
Q. Is betamethasone cream available as over the counter (OTC) product?
Betamethasone cream is not available as OTC product
Q. Is betnesol or betnesol injection safe?
Betnesol or betnesol injection is safe if used at prescribed doses and at prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Does betamethasone cause hair loss or weight gain?
Betamethasone is not known to cause hair loss. On the contrary, it may cause weight gain and body hair growth (especially in females) on chronic persistent use of the product
Q. Does betamethasone lighten skin/ bleach skin?
Betamethasone may cause skin pigmentation in few patients. It may lighten or darken the skin color. Do not use betamethasone without doctor’s advice
Q. Is betamethasone valerate used for acne/ ringworm?
No. Betamethasone valerate can be used in conditions like eczema (a type of itchy skin rash), atopic dermatitis (inflammation of skin) and psoriasis of the scalp, hands and feet
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with betamethasone?
Betamethasone when used in combination with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen, diclofenac, naproxen, there may be an increased risk of stomach ulceration and bleeding. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use
Q. Does betnesol work in retention edema?
No. Betnesol (i.e. betamethasone) cannot be used in retention edema. On the contrary, it causes the fluid and salt retention thereby adding to the edema problem
Q. Is betamethasone stronger than hydrocortisone?
Betamethasone and hydrocortisone belong to the same class of medications (i.e. corticosteroids) and produce almost similar pharmacological responses. The effect may vary based on the conditions and individual response. Always follow doctor’s advice regarding its use.