It is used to treat constipation and indigestion. It acts as a natural remedy for digestive problems. It regulates bowel movement and activates the secretion of digestive juices to improve digestion. It helps in the treatment of constipation by softening the stools. It improves the symptoms of hard stools and stomach discomfort and keeps your stomach healthy.
It contains natural ingredients for the treatment of constipation such as isabgol which is rich in fiber and is a laxative in nature. It acts as a bowel regulator that can be used to treat loose stools and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It contains a natural gelatinous substance that takes up water to form an emollient gel. It helps to absorb the bacteria and other harmful toxins present in the intestine.
The presence of sonamukhi
helps facilitate bowel movement due to its anti-absorptive properties. It also has Amaltas whose laxative properties aid in the smooth evacuation of stools. It also contains harad
. While mulethi
has healing properties that help prevent stomach/intestine related ulcers or irritation whereas harad
helps in the proper functioning of the intestine. The presence of saunf
helps to prevent flatulence and improve the symptoms of indigestion. Having gulab dal
imparts demulcent properties to Softovac which helps it form a protective layer in the intestine and aid in improving the bowel movement.
It is a non-habit forming formulation with 100% ayurvedic active ingredients. It is advised to take this capsule as directed by your doctor. It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach complications.
- Isabgol: 2 g
- Sonamukhi: 0.75g
- Harad: 0.50g
- Amaltas: 0.50g
- Mulethi: 0.25g
- Gulab Jal: 0.25g
- Saunf: 0.25g
- Saunf Taila: 0.05g
- Sodium Benzoate
Key benefits/uses of Softovac Bowel Regulator Powder:
- Provides effective relief from constipation by softening the stools
- Useful to maintain a healthy digestive system
- Used to treat indigestion and improve its symptoms such as stomach discomfort or abdominal pain
- Acts as a natural remedy for digestive problems
- Regulates bowel movement and keeps your stomach healthy
- Activates the secretion of digestive juices to improve digestion
Direction for use:
Consume 1-2 teaspoonfuls (5-10g) followed by a glass of lukewarm water at bedtime or as directed by the physician.
Quick tips for Softovac Bowel Regulator Powder:
- Talk to your doctor if you are taking any medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements to prevent any possible side effects.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this capsule, inform your doctor immediately.
- If you are pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medication.
- Ideally, it is advised to take a single dose of this medicine but if your doctor prescribes otherwise then do follow his/her advice.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- It is best to take this medicine after meals with water, preferably at bedtime.
- If the symptoms fail to improve or you experience any unwanted side effects, consult your doctor at the earliest to avoid any complications.
- Do not rely on medicine alone as following a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients that can help in quick recovery.
Side effects of Softovac Bowel Regulator Powder:
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, in case of an overdose of this medication, it can lead to stomach problems such as nausea and stomach pain.
Storage and safety information:
- Store in a cool & dry place, away from light.
- Close the container after use.
- Pregnant women are advised to consult their physician before use.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
FAQs related to Softovac Bowel Regulator Powder:
Q. Is Softovac good for constipation?
Softovac Bowel Regulator Powder contains natural ingredients for the treatment of constipation due to its ability to soften the stool. It acts as a natural remedy for digestive disorders such as indigestion, and constipation.
Q. What is a bowel regulator?
As the name suggests, a bowel regulator helps to maintain and regulate your bowel movement thereby helping you to keep your stomach healthy. It is used to treat constipation, indigestion, and irregular bowel habits. It is known to act as a laxative that helps to soften the stools and provide relief from acute as well as chronic constipation.
Q. When should I take Softovac powder?
It is usually advised to treat constipation and regulate your bowel movements. Ideally, it is advised to consume 1-2 teaspoonfuls (5-10g) followed by a glass of lukewarm water at bedtime or as directed by the physician.
Q. How to use Softovac powder?
An adult requires one to two teaspoons (about five to ten grams), which must be followed by a glass of water, preferably lukewarm at bedtime or as directed by the physician.
Q. What are the health benefits of isabgol?
It acts as a bowel regulator that can be used to cure loose stools and Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). It helps maintain the health of the gastrointestinal tract and also helps patients with piles & anal fissures. The fiber helps regulate cholesterol levels in the blood. Regular use of isabgol can also help control blood sugar. It helps to relieve acidity and regulate weight.
Q. How to prevent constipation?
Fruits, cereals, leafy vegetables, curd, and seeds can help you to deal with constipation. Increase the intake of fibre in the diet. However, keep a check on your fiber intake as excess fiber can also worsen constipation. Up your intake of water and try yoga and other forms of exercise to fight constipation.
Q. What are laxatives?
Laxatives are compounds that promote bowel movements and are used to relieve and prevent constipation. Some of these medicines are available over the counter (OTC) and come in the form of capsules, suppositories, enemas, pills, gums, and liquids. Most laxatives are advised to be used only for a short period of time.
- Portalatin M, Winstead N. Medical management of constipation. Clin Colon Rectal Surg. 2012;25(1):12-19.