It is used for the treatment of renal calculi or kidney stones. It is also used to provide relief from abdominal pain caused due to kidney stones. It also helps in improving kidney function and thereby aids in the treatment. It is also helpful in treating diarrhea and constipation associated with renal calculi. It also helps in reducing bubbling sensation and stitching pain all around your body and leg.
It contains Berberis vulgaris as an ingredient. It is known to contain a large number of phytochemicals (chemicals present in plants) including ascorbic acid, Vitamin K, several triterpenoids, more than 10 phenolic compounds, and 30 alkaloids. It has antioxidant properties that help in flushing toxins from the body.
The anti-inflammatory properties are known to reduce inflammation and aid in the treatment of skin problems. It is also antibacterial in nature which helps in the treatment of infections. It also possesses hepato-protective properties which are known to aid in keeping the liver healthy. It also had analgesic properties that aid in reducing pain.
Take this tincture as advised by your doctor to attain maximum benefit. It is usually safe when taken as per your doctor’s recommendation. However, when taken in a higher dose, it may cause certain side effects. Do not exceed the recommended dosage and always use it under medical supervision.
Key benefits/uses of SBL Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Q:
- Effective in the treatment of kidney stones and pains associated with it
- Aids in reducing arthritic pains in legs beginning from the back
- Helps in relieving inflammation and pain in the gallbladder
- Acts as a natural pain reliever and helps in soothing deep pains, especially those associated with renal calculi
- Useful in skin-related ailments such as warts and pustules which are commonly accompanied by itching of the skin
- Known to be beneficial in the treatment of constipation and diarrhea
- As it is based on homeopathic composition; hence, it is safe to use and has no side effects
Directions for use:
It is recommended to take 20-30 drops thrice daily or as advised by your physician.
Quick tips for SBL Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Q:
- Do not rely on medicine alone as following a healthy diet loaded with essential nutrients that can help in quick recovery.
- Take the medicine at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get the most out of this medication.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking as they may affect or be affected by this medicine.
- Read the label carefully before use, and do not exceed the recommended dosage of the tincture.
- In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the dose you missed and take your next dose at the scheduled time.
- Pregnant women, lactating women, and individuals with any pre-existing condition should consult a doctor before taking the medicine.
- If the symptoms fail to improve or you experience any unwanted side effects, consult your doctor at the earliest to avoid any complications.
Side effects of SBL Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Q:
It is usually safe and doesn’t cause any side effects when taken as per the doctor's recommendation.
Safety and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Use under medical supervision.
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.
FAQs related to SBL Berberis Vulgaris Mother Tincture Q:
Q. What is the use of Berberis vulgaris mother tincture?
It is known to be an excellent remedy for the treatment of various health problems including kidney disease. This homeopathic medicine aids in the treatment of kidney stones and relieves pain that is associated with kidney stones. It also helps to maintain kidney function and thereby aids in the treatment. It is also helpful in treating diarrhea and constipation associated with renal calculi. It also helps in reducing bubbling sensation and stitching pain all around your body and leg.
Q. What is Berberis vulgaris used for?
Berberis vulgaris is a common homeopathic medicine that is widely used for various health problems. It is used to treat fever, cough, kidney disease, heart disease, liver disease, depression, hyperlipidemia, hyperglycemia, and bleeding. It is also known to improve skin conditions due to its anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant properties.
Q. How do you use Berberis vulgaris Q?
It is mostly used to treat and improve kidney stones. The exact dosage might vary from person to person depending on the condition, hence it is advised to consult your doctor to know the right dose of the medication. In most cases, 10-15 drops of this tincture mixed with water is advised to soothe symptoms of kidney stones and improve kidney function.
Q. What are mother tinctures?
In simple terms, mother tincture is nothing but a simple combination of a botanical extract with a specific amount of alcohol. Usually, it contains the lowest possible potency of any particular homeopathic preparation. Ideally, these are supposed to be taken after diluting with water.
Q. Can mother tincture be taken orally?
Yes. This tincture is advised to be taken orally along with water. Ideally, a dose of 10-15 drops of the mother tincture is taken with water for kidney stones. Do consult your doctor to know the right dose as per your condition for effective results.
Q. How can I prevent kidney stones?
Take plenty of fluids as drinking enough fluids each day is the best way to help prevent most types of kidney stones. Doctors recommend around 2 to 3 liters of fluid a day. Restrict sodium/salt intake as sodium, often from salt, causes the kidneys to excrete more calcium into the urine. High concentrations of calcium in the urine combine with oxalate and phosphorus to form stones.
Avoid oxalate-forming foods and increase the intake of calcium-rich foods such as milk, dairy products, and green leafy vegetables. Limit animal protein as red meats contain purines which break down into uric acid in the urine. You are more prone to kidney stones if you stay sedentary for a long period of time. So, do not skip exercise, but remember to do it in moderation.
- Rahimi-Madiseh M, Lorigoini Z, Zamani-Gharaghoshi H, Rafieian-Kopaei M. Berberis vulgaris: specifications and traditional uses. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2017;20(5):569-587.
- Tabeshpour J, Imenshahidi M, Hosseinzadeh H. A review of the effects of Berberis vulgaris and its major component, berberine, in metabolic syndrome. Iran J Basic Med Sci. 2017;20(5):557-568.