Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray (ITC ltd)
It is used to kill microbes such as viruses and bacteria. It also helps to prevent infections caused by bacteria, fungus, and viruses. It is used for surface cleaning and thus can be used for household cleaning purposes. It can be used on common areas of the house which are often touched by a number of different people and are hotbeds for a wide variety of germs and bacteria. These areas include tables, door handles, chairs, carpets, curtains.
It is also used to clean floors and tiles due to its powerful disinfectant properties. The presence of alcohol aids in killing the microbes such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi. It also contains certain chemicals that aid in the killing of germs on surfaces not visible to the naked eye. This process might not clean dirty surfaces but killing germs reduces the risk of infection. For over 50 years, Savlon has kept Indians protected against germs. Starting out with antiseptic liquid, Savlon has gained a reputation for effective protection.
Remember, the spray is only meant for external use. Do not even use it as a spray to clean open wounds, cuts, and bruises. Do not spray it on clothes or handkerchiefs to use it as a disinfectant. It is strictly not recommended for personal hygiene or for people suffering from skin diseases. Also, keep it out of reach of children to avoid any casualty.
Key benefits/uses of Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray:
- Is popular as a versatile spray that disinfects and deodorizes in one easy step
- Can be used on various hard and soft surfaces such as tables, door handles, chairs, carpets, and curtains
- Kills 99.99% of germs around your home and leaves the house smelling fresh and pleasant
- Effective in killing H1N1, rotavirus, and norovirus
- Kills antibiotic-resistant germs and helps in keeping your atmosphere healthy and clean
- Used as a disinfectant at both workplaces and households
Directions for use:
To use, shake the can and hold it at a distance of 15-20 cm from the desired surface that needs to be disinfected and spray such that the surface is covered in mist.
There is no need to wipe the surface, allow it to air dry. Do not use it on copper, brass, painted/shellacked/lacquered/varnished surfaces (including treated/polished wood), or acrylic plastics.
Side effects of Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray:
When used as a surface disinfectant spray it does not cause any side effects. When used for cuts and wounds or as an after-shave lotion, it may cause mild irritation and a stinging sensation on the skin. However, if ingested, it can not only cause corrosion of the respiratory tract (such as oral mucosa and larynx) but also affect the gastrointestinal tract. When sprayed on the eyes, it can lead to irritation and redness, which requires prompt medical attention.
Be careful when using this spray especially around kids as there is a high chance that kids might use it unknowingly as a play toy.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
FAQs related to Savlon Surface Disinfectant Spray:
Q. How do you disinfect using Savlon Disinfectant Spray?
Shake the can and hold it at a distance of 15-20 cm from the desired surface that needs to be disinfected and spray such that the surface is covered in mist. There is no need to wipe the surface, allow it to air dry. Do not use it on copper, brass, painted/shellacked/lacquered/ varnished surfaces (including treated/polished wood), or acrylic plastics.
Q. Is Savlon Disinfectant spray good?
Yes. This surface disinfectant offers protection from 99.99% viruses and bacteria including fungi and molds. The Ethanol IP suggests that this alcohol-based disinfectant is quite effective against even some of the lethal viruses. For effective results, just shake well and use it on any surface to disinfect.
Q. Are there any side effects of using Savlon Disinfectant Spray?
When used for personal hygiene and as an antiseptic for the skin (such as cuts and wounds or as an after-shave lotion), it may cause irritation and a stinging sensation on the skin.
Q. What is the difference between an antiseptic and disinfectant?
Although used interchangeably, antiseptic and disinfectant have different uses. Antiseptics are usually used on the skin to kill microbes. This helps to lower your risk of infections. On the other hand, disinfectant is used on non-living things such as tables, windows, floors, or doors to kill microbes that can attack humans and increase the risk of infections.
Q. Can it be used on the skin?
No, as the name suggests, this spray should only be used to disinfect the surface such as tabletops, doorknobs, curtains, etc. It should never be used on skin or for any personal hygiene. Do not use it on cuts, scratches, and insect bites.
ITC Nimwash Vegetable and Fruit Wash (ITC ltd)