It is used for the prevention or treatment of fungal infections resulting from sweat and moisture accumulation. It provides relief in the case of prickly heat on the back, neck, and shoulder. In addition to this, it prevents itching in intimate body parts, underarms, inner thighs, waistline, and feet. It also relieves skin irritation caused due to swelling, rashes, and redness.
Fungal infections commonly involve webs of the toes and fingers, nails, armpits, and genital area. They cause excessive itching, redness, and swelling in the affected areas. The chances of fungal infections increase during hot and humid weather conditions and excessive sweating. This powder helps you to prevent fungal infections by keeping your body clean and dry at all times.
It contains clotrimazole as the active ingredient. Clotrimazole is an antifungal medication. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thereby treating your skin infection. It usually takes a few days to a week to show improvement. But if there is no improvement in your infection after two to three weeks of treatment then inform your doctor immediately
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. However, please be careful when using it. Also, exercise caution when using it around kids as there is a high chance that kids might use it on the face which can affect the eyes and nose, or may eat it unknowingly.
- Clotrimazole I.P: 1% w/w
- Talc I.P. base q.s.
Key benefits/uses of Candid Dusting Powder:
- Helps in the treatment of fungal infections resulting from sweat and moisture accumulation
- Prevents itching in intimate body parts
- Helps to treat itching and irritation in the underarms, inner thighs, waistline, and feet
- Helps to relieve prickly heat on back, neck, and shoulder
- Helps to treat skin irritation like redness, rashes, and swelling
- Prevents fungal infections by keeping the body dry and clean
- Improves the symptoms of fungal infections such as itching and skin irritation
Directions for use:
It is advised to dust this powder over affected parts of the body and lightly pat it on the skin. Be careful when using it for fungal infections of the intimate body parts. Do consult your doctor if planning to use it for your kids.
Quick tips for Candid Dusting Powder:
- If your symptoms fail to improve even after using it for a week or 10 days, then it is wise to consult your doctor to get it treated properly
- When using it for kids, then make sure to use it under adult supervision as chances of swallowing, licking, and using it on open wounds is high.
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this capsule, inform your doctor immediately.
- Ensure you dry the skin well after a bath, especially tricky areas like between the toes, armpits, etc before using the powder for effective results.
- If you experience any skin irritation or itching with the use of this powder, then talk to your doctor immediately.
Side-effects of Candid Dusting Powder:
It usually does not cause any side effects when used as recommended by your doctor. However, please be careful when using it. Also, exercise caution when using it around kids as there is a high chance that kids might use it on the face which can affect the eyes and nose, or may eat it unknowingly.
Storage and safety information:
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of the children.
FAQs related to Candid Dusting Powder
Q. What is candid dusting powder used for?
It is an antifungal medicine that is used to treat various types of skin infections, usually the fungal type of skin infections. It minimizes symptoms of inflammation such as redness, swelling, and itching. It also acts against the infection-causing microorganisms of the skin. It provides relief in the case of prickly heat on the back, neck, and shoulder. It also relieves skin irritation caused due to swelling, rashes, and redness.
Q. Is candid powder good for yeast infection?
The clotrimazole dusting powder is a topical anti-fungal product. It is prescribed for the treatment of various fungal infections like ringworm and yeast infections that affect the skin. It is also known to improve symptoms of prickly heat on the back, neck, and shoulder. In addition to this, it prevents itching in intimate body parts, underarms, inner thighs, waistline, and feet.
Q. Is dusting powder safe?
It usually does not cause any side effects when taken as recommended by your doctor. The safety of dusting powders and body powders is established by the selection of ingredients that are safe and suitable for this purpose. They are assessed for their potential to cause skin or eye irritation or cause allergic reactions. In case of any doubt, it is best to consult your doctor.
Q. Is candid dusting powder good for ringworm?
Candid 1% Dusting Powder is a broad-spectrum antifungal medicine used to treat skin infections such as athlete's foot, jock itch, and ringworm. It also relieves symptoms such as burning, itching, cracking of the skin, and discomfort caused by these infections.
Q. Can I use candid dusting powder for the baby?
Most people do use this dusting powder for babies and kids. However, it is wise to consult your pediatrician before using it for kids. Also, it is important to know if your kid is allergic to any of its components before use.
Q. Is Clotrimazole available over the counter?
Yes, Clotrimazole powder and cream are available over the counter. But, if this is the first time you have had vaginal itching and discomfort, talk with a physician before using Clotrimazole.
Q. Is candida infection dangerous?
Candida is a yeast which is a form of fungus. It causes infections such as candidiasis or thrush in humans and other animals. Candida infections are not usually contagious, though in some cases people with weak immune systems can catch the infection. The infection does not usually spread by sexual contact. Candida infection can be cured with early diagnosis and treatment. However, if left untreated then it can result in a serious infection.
Q. Is Clotrimazole used for thrush?
Clotrimazole contains an antifungal medicine that is used to treat infections with fungi and yeasts. It provides relief from the symptoms of thrush by destroying the cell membrane of the fungus.
- Clotrimazole. StatPearls.
- Sawyer PR, Brogden RN, Pinder RM, Speight TM, Avery. Clotrimazole: a review of its antifungal activity and therapeutic efficacy. Drugs. 1975;9(6):424-47.