It is used to filter out harmful pollutants and microbes, helping you to breathe fresh air. It is a reusable mask that is ideal for outdoor usage, especially if you stay in polluted cities. It is also known to offer protection against various microbes due to its ability to block their entry when you breathe. It can also help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (examples: mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting the infection, illness, or disease.
It incorporates 3M’s proprietary technology with advanced electrostatically charged microfiber filter media designed to promote ease of breathing. The mask is designed with a 6-layered triple filtration system. It can be used in all weather conditions, keeping breathability and comfort intact. The mask facilitates protection from dangerous microbes, pollutants, dust, particulate matter, and smoke from vehicle exhausts, factories, and bushfires.
Key benefits/uses of 3M N95 8210 Particulate Respirator Mask:
- Features the proprietary 3M Cool Flow Valve and helps provide comfortable and reliable respiratory protection for users
- Ideally suited for hot/dusty work settings that require long periods of wear
- Designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection with at least 95 percent filtration efficiency against certain non-oil based particles
- Designed for use for particles such as those released from grinding, sanding, sweeping, sawing, bagging, or other dusty operations
- Approved by NIOSH for helping reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (examples: mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis), but cannot eliminate the risk of contracting the infection, illness, or disease
- Incorporates 3M’s proprietary technology with advanced electrostatic media which is designed for ease of breathing
- Has a two-strap design with a welded dual point attachment that helps provide a secure seal.
- Has cushioning nose foam and adjustable nose clip that help provide a custom fit and secure seal
- Its lightweight construction promotes greater worker acceptance and may help increase wear time
Directions for use:
- Pre-stretch the straps before placing the respirator on the face and position the respirator over the nose and mouth.
- Pull the top strap over the head, position it at the top back of the head and above the ears.
- Pull the bottom strap over the head and position it around the neck below the ears.
- Press the nose piece with your fingertips to mold it to the shape of the nose to seal air off effectively.
- Check the respirator-to-face seal for each wearing.
Quick tips for 3M N95 8210 Particulate Respirator Mask:
- Please follow the usage instructions & precautions as recommended to ensure proper use of the face mask. Improper usage of the mask may cause health risks.
- Do not share the mask with your friends, family members, or relatives as it can increase the risk of contamination, which in turn can harm you or your loved ones’ health.
- Remember, the mask is for individual use ONLY.
- Maintain the hygiene of the face and hands.
- Personal health conditions should be kept in mind.
- Check and make sure that the respirator is intact and not damaged. Check the expiry date and if the mask is packed properly.
- Before use, the wearer must read and understand the user instructions provided on the product packaging.
Storage and safety information:
- Change the mask if there is difficulty in breathing.
- Wash after everyday use.
- Wash gently with hands. Do not bleach, tumble dry, iron, dry clean, or wring, and drip dry in shade.
- For individual use, not to be shared.
- Wash your hands properly before wearing and after removing the mask.
- Read the label carefully before use.
- Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid physical damage.
FAQs related to 3M N95 8210 Particulate Respirator Mask:
Q. What is an N95 respirator?
3M N95 8210 Particulate Respirator Mask is a disposable particulate respirator that is designed to help provide reliable respiratory protection of at least 95% filtration efficiency against certain non-oil based particles.
Q. Do 3M N95 respirators provide protection against infection?
Yes, this NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved N95 respirator can help reduce inhalation exposures to certain airborne biological particles (examples: mold, Bacillus anthracis, Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
Q. What is the correct method of wearing 3M N95 respirator?
Pre-stretch the straps before placing the respirator on the face (for #8210) and position the respirator over the nose and mouth. Pull the top strap over the head, position it at the top back of the head and above the ears. Pull the bottom strap over the head and position it around the neck below the ears. Press the nose piece and mold it to the shape of the nose to seal air off effectively. Check the respirator-to-face seal for each wearing.
Q. Is 3M N95 respirator available in different sizes?
No, the respirator is available only in one standard size.
Q. What precautions should one take before wearing an N95 respirator?
Some of the common precautions are to maintain the hygiene of the face and hands. Keep in mind personal health conditions. Check and make sure that the respirator is intact and not damaged. Check the expiry date and whether the mask is packed correctly. Before use, make sure to read and understand the user instructions provided on the product packaging.
Q. Is everyone suitable to wear the 3M N95 respirator?
If you are suffering from any respiratory disease like asthma or emphysema, etc., then you must seek medical advice before wearing it. In case you experience any discomfort, breathing difficulties, dizziness, etc. after wearing the respirator, avoid wearing it. Do not wear a respirator if you are pregnant.
Q. How and where can we check the availability of 3M N95 respirator?
N95 Respirators can be ordered and purchased from online pharmacies, various hardware stores & pharmacies, and supermarkets.
Q. Is there any circumstance in which the use of a 3M N95 respirator should be avoided?
Yes, in the case of the atmosphere containing less than 19.5% oxygen.
Q. Can N95 respirator be used by children as well?
No, as its size may not be applicable to children’s faces and will affect their effectiveness. Therefore not suggested for children to use the mask.
Q. What guidelines should be followed in storing the 3M N95 respirator?
Avoid its storage in hot and humid places. The place and containers for storage should be neat and clean. Note down the purchase date and keep the receipt.
Q. How to “dispose of” the used 3M N95 respirators?
Avoid direct contact with the used respirators. Put them in a plastic bag carefully, wrap-up, and dispose of them in a covered refuse container.
Q. Is there any fixed duration of time to wear the respirator?
No, it depends on different environmental situations. However, if breathing difficulty or any distress occurs, the wearer should immediately leave the hazardous area (such as the ward or the place with polluted air) and then take the respirator off.
Q. When should you change to a new respirator?
Respirators need to be changed if the respirator is contaminated by body fluids like blood or spittle or if the respirator is damaged.