NABL, CAP, ISO
Test Results & Interpretations
Overview of Rheumatoid Factor - Qualitative
Rheumatoid factor is an IgM antibody produced by the body's immune system. The rheumatoid factor test is a valuable test for helping to diagnose Rheumatoid arthritis. About 80% people with RA will have positive rheumatoid factor. Although, rheumatoid factor is positive in other autoimmune disorders also like SLE, Sjogren syndrome etc.
Why Get Tested
- It is ordered when you have signs or symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis like pain or swelling in the joints and morning stiffness
- It is also used to differentiate Rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis
- No special preparation required
What Results of Rheumatoid Factor - Qualitative mean?
- The readings are usually read in conjunction with person’s symptoms and clinical history. The presence of significant concentrations of rheumatoid factor usually indicates rheumatoid arthritis
- However, positive RF test may be seen in SLE, scleroderma, endocarditis, tuberculosis etc.
- A negative test usually rules out rheumatoid arthritis
We focus on providing patients quality diagnostic healthcare services in India. Through our network, we offer patients convenient locations for their diagnostic healthcare services and efficient service. With over 3368 diagnostic and related healthcare tests and services offered, we believe we are capable of performing substantially all of the diagnostic healthcare tests and services currently prescribed by physicians in India. Our key competitive strengths are: Business model focused on the patient as a customer and an established consumer healthcare brand associated with quality services, in a market where patients generally choose their diagnostic healthcare service provider. Well-positioned to leverage upon one of the fastest-growing segments of the Indian healthcare industry. A network whose growth yields greater economies of scale, combined with a hub and spoke model that is scalable for further growth. Centralized information technology platform that fully integrates our network and is scalable. Attractive financial performance, financial profile and return on invested capital. Experienced leadership team with strong industry expertise and successful track record. Some of our laboratories have achieved International Organization for Standardization, or ISO, certification for their quality systems. Our National Reference Laboratory has obtained ISO 9001:2008 certification (for the performance of routine and advanced diagnostic pathology testing services, including clinical trials), ISO 15189:2007 (for quality management in medical laboratories), ISO 15189:2012 certification (in the field of medical testing) and ISO 27001:2013 certification (for establishing an effective information management system that maintains and processes information security at our data center).