Information about Vitamin D3
Vitamin D3 Uses
Vitamin D3 is used in the treatment of Vitamin D deficiency and Osteoporosis.
How Vitamin D3 works
Vitamin D3 is a form of vitamin D. It raises vitamin D levels in your blood. This in turn raises calcium levels in your blood by helping you absorb more calcium from food.
Common side effects of Vitamin D3
No common side effects seen
Available Medicine for Vitamin D3
UpriseAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹33 to ₹37811 variant(s)
VitanovaZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹48 to ₹1244 variant(s)
DVIndchemie Health Specialities Pvt Ltd
₹35 to ₹2938 variant(s)
₹104 to ₹4076 variant(s)
D-ShineAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹65 to ₹2996 variant(s)
Gen-D3Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹25 to ₹2645 variant(s)
Micro-DMicro Labs Ltd
₹87 to ₹2413 variant(s)
D-LiqDelcure Life Sciences
₹129 to ₹1342 variant(s)
KalzinUnimarck Pharma India Ltd
₹32 to ₹2428 variant(s)
D-UPSeagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹26 to ₹443 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vitamin D3
- Your doctor has prescribed Vitamin D3 for the treatment of vitaminD3 deficiency.
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- It should be taken with food for faster absorption of medicine.
- Some healthy tips for vitamin D deficiency:
- Get enough sun exposure 10-30 minutes thrice a week.
- Light-skinned: 20-30 minutes of sun exposure.
- Dark-skinned: 30-40 minutes of sun exposure.
- Eat vitamin D rich diet like egg yolk, mushrooms, cheese, milk, butter, fortified food and oily fish.
- It might affect your sleep pattern when taken at night time. To avoid this better to take it at day time.
- Do not take antacids or any other medication 2 hours before or after taking Vitamin D3.
- Inform your doctor if you notice nausea, vomiting, poor appetite, constipation, weakness and weight loss while taking this medicine.