Information about Valganciclovir
Valganciclovir is used in the treatment of eye infections by Herpes simplex virus.
How valganciclovir works
Valganciclovir is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells. This stops the virus from producing new viruses and clears up your infection.
Common side effects of valganciclovir
Injection site pain, Stomach pain
Available Medicine for Valganciclovir
- ₹1434Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹16857Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹40000Roche Products India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹844Steadfast Medishield Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹4835Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹963Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹900Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹980La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹849RPG Life Sciences Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹850Alniche Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Frequently asked questions for Valganciclovir
Q. What is valganciclovir used for?
Valganciclovir is used for the treatment of cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection of retina (retinitis) in adult patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS). It is also used for the prevention of CMV infection in patients who have received an organ transplant from a CMV-infected donor
Q. How does valganciclovir work?
After taken orally, valganciclovir gets converted into ganciclovir by liver and intestinal enzymes, which then prevents the growth and spread of cytomegalovirus.
Q. Is valganciclovir cytotoxic?
No, valganciclovir is not cytotoxic
Q. Does valganciclovir cover HSV?
Valganciclovir can also be used for treatment of herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection. Please follow doctor's advice regarding its use