Information about Valethamate
Valethamate is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm.
How valethamate works
Valethamate is an anticholinergic medication. It works by blocking the effect of a chemical messenger (acetylcholine), thereby relaxing the smooth muscles of cervix and intestine.
Common side effects of valethamate
Blurred vision, Increased heart rate, Dryness in mouth, Dilatation of pupil, Constipation, Difficulty in swallowing, Urinary retention
Available Medicine for Valethamate
- ₹21 to ₹170TTK Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹15Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Mercury Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Ciron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15Tabq Therapeutics1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Valethamate
- Valethamate is used to hasten the dilatation of the cervix during labor and to control pain due to smooth muscle spasm.
- Do not drink alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take precautions while taking Valethamate if you have an excessive amount of thyroid hormone in the blood, cardiac insufficiency, cardiac failure and cardiac surgery as it may worsen the condition.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.