Valethamate is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm
How it works
Valethamate belongs to class of drugs called as anticholinergic agents. It restores the levels of certain chemicals, thereby relaxing the smooth muscles of cervix and intestine.
Common side effects
Palpitations, Increased heart rate, Arrhythmia, Excessive thirst, Reduced bronchial secretions, Dry mouth, Photophobia, Dry skin, Loss of accommodation, Slow heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dilatation of pupil, Difficulty in urination, Constipation
- ₹17 to ₹170TTK Healthcare Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹13Maneesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking valethamate as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking valethamate as it may worsen the side effects.
- Take precautions while taking valethamate if you have thyrotoxicosis (excessive amount of thyroid hormone in the blood); cardiac insufficiency, cardiac failure and cardiac surgery as it may worsen the condition.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.