Information about Trospium
Trospium is used in the treatment of Overactive bladder (OAB) symptoms. OAB is a collection of urinary symptoms, including frequent urination, urgent need to urinate, and inability to control urination.
How trospium works
Trospium is an antimuscarinic. It works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of trospium
Dryness in mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Headache, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Trospium
- ₹141Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹263Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹220Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198 to ₹213Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trospium
- Reduces abnormal contractions of bladder.
- Can take up to 4 weeks before you see an improvement in your symptoms.
- Helpful in men with urinary symptoms caused by enlarged prostate.
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol or carbonated drinks as they can worsen your symptoms.
- Side effects are mild and usually include dry mouth and eyes, constipation, difficulty urinating, blurred vision and sleepiness.