Information about Trospium
Trospium is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder.
How trospium works
Trospium works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of trospium
Dry mouth, Constipation, Dizziness, Headache, Sleepiness, Blurred vision, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Trospium
- ₹141Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹263Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹198Raptakos Brett & Co Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Trospium
- Take trospium on an empty stomach at least an hour before food.
- Inform your doctor before taking trospium if you have mild to moderate liver disease, kidney disease, neuropathy (nerve damage), and obstruction in the gut, difficulty in passing urine, hiatus hernia, heart diseases, heartburn or overactive thyroid.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery while taking this drug as it may cause blurring of vision.
- Do not consume alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Avoid situations that lead to overheating and drink plenty of water or fluids to remain hydrated as trospium is known to cause decreased sweating that may lead to dehydration.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.