Information about Tricholine Citrate
Tricholine citrate uses
Tricholine Citrate is used in the treatment of high cholesterol.
How tricholine citrate works
Tricholine Citrate is a bile acid binding agent. It removes bile acid from the body. The liver then produces more bile acids using cholesterol. Because the body use cholesterol to make bile acids, the levels of cholesterol in the body is lowered.
Common side effects of tricholine citrate
Available Medicine for Tricholine Citrate
- ₹37 to ₹209Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tricholine Citrate
- Lowers ""bad"" cholesterol (LDL) and raises ""good"" cholesterol (HDL).
- Regular exercise and low-fat diet further helps to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- Can be used with other medications to lower cholesterol.
- Can delay or decrease the absorption of certain medicines such as digoxin, warfarin and thyroxine. You may take them 1 hour before or 4 hours after taking Tricholine Citrate.
- Always take Tricholine Citrate with food and a full glass of water.
- A multivitamin supplement containing vitamins A, D, and K, and β-carotene is recommended when taking Tricholine Citrate.