Information about Tolperisone
Tolperisone is used for muscle relaxation.
How tolperisone works
Tolperisone works by acting on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Common side effects of tolperisone
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Decreased blood pressure
Available Medicine for Tolperisone
- ₹89 to ₹160Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹255Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹185Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹168Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹304Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹165Merck Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹160Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹222Icon Life Sciences4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolperisone
- Tolperisone can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Tolperisone, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Tolperisone
Q. Is Tolperisone a steroid?
No. Tolperisone is not a steroid. Tolperisone is a muscle relaxant. It is used in low back pain and also used to treat spasticity associated with post-stroke patients.
Q. Can I take Tolperisone with paracetamol?
Yes. Tolperisone can be taken with paracetamol. There is no known interaction between Tolperisone and paracetamol.
Q. Can I take Tolperisone with diclofenac?
Yes. Tolperisone can be taken with diclofenac to reduce pain and spasm associated with back pain and other conditions. There is no known interaction between Tolperisone and paracetamol.
Q. Are eperisone and Tolperisone same?
No. Tolperisone and eperisone are not same medicine but they are from the same class of drugs. They are centrally acting muscle relaxants. Both relax skeletal muscles but eperisone particularly also relaxes vascular smooth muscles leading to dilatation of blood vessels.
Q. Can I take Tolperisone for anxiety?
No. Tolperisone is not a drug approved for anxiety. Tolperisone is a centrally acting muscle relaxant.
Q. Can Tolperisone cause fall in blood pressure?
Yes. Tolperisone can cause fall in blood pressure due to its action on the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels leading to hypotension.
Q. Can I take Tolperisone in myasthenia gravis?
No. Tolperisone is absolutely contraindicated in cases of myasthenia gravis which is a disease of muscle and nerve end plate leading to muscle weakness.