Tolperisone is used for muscle relaxation
How it works
Tolperisone works by acting on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Common side effects
Pale red skin, Itchy rash, Rash, Decreased blood pressure, Shortness of breath, Eye swelling, Lip swelling, Itching, Severe systemic reactions, Skin redness, Tachycardia
- ₹89 to ₹160Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹255Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹169Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹168Alkem Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹304Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹165Merck Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹160Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹99Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Obsurge Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- Tolperisone tablet should be taken after meals with a glass of water.
- Do not drive because you may feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with tolperisone.
- Women and patients with hypersensitivity to other drugs (e.g., lidocaine) or with a history of allergy may be at a higher risk of hypersensitivity to tolperisone.
Do not start or continue the tolperisone and consult your doctor:
- If you experience disturbance in attention, fits (epilepsy), blurred vision or muscular weakness.
- If you experience viral infections at the same time.
- If you have a history of allergic diseases such as runny nose due to allergy (hay fever), asthma, eczema (atopic dermatitis) with high serum IgE, and pale red, raised, itchy skin rash (urticaria).
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is the difference between eperisone and tolperisone?
Both eperisone and tolperisone are centrally acting muscle relaxants belonging to the same class of drugs. However, tolperisone is comparatively more effective than eperisone.
Q. Does tolperisone cause weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite?
There is no data that tolperisone causes weight loss or weight gain, or suppress appetite. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
Q. Does tolperisone work for adults?
Yes Synaptol is used in the treatment of unusual tightness of muscle after a stroke in adults
Q. What is the benefit of using tolperisone with diclofenac?
Tolperisone is a centrally acting muscle relaxant and diclofenac is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. The combination of both is cumulatively beneficial in arthralgia, myalgia, and other spastic (muscle/musculoskeletal) disorders.
Q. Can I use tolperisone for fibromyalgia?
Yes, tolperisone can be used for the management of fibromyalgia.
Q. Does tolperisone work for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)?
No, tolperisone is not approved for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Q. Can I take tolperisone with methylphenidate?
Use of tolperisone with methylphenidate should be avoided.
Q. Is tolperisone safe to use?
Tolperisone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
Q. Is tolperisone a steroid, stimulant, or addictive drug?
No, tolperisone is not a steroid, stimulant or addictive drug. It is a muscle relaxant
Q. What are the effects of tolperisone overdose?
Tolperisone overdose can result in excessive sleepiness, coma, seizures and agitation. Tolperisone is also associated with severe allergic reactions.
Q. Does tolperisone get you high?
Acute overdose of tolperisone results in excessive sleeping, seizures, coma, agitation and temporary cessation of breathing (apnea). As such tolperisone does not cause a high.