Information about Tolmetin
Tolmetin is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, muscle pain, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How tolmetin works
Tolmetin is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by suppressing the production of chemical messengers (prostaglandins) that cause inflammation (redness and swelling), fever and pain.
Common side effects of tolmetin
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for TolmetinNo medicine available
Expert advice for Tolmetin
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Tolmetin can raise a risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Tolmetin
Q. What is Tolmetin sodium?
Tolmetin sodium is a drug belonging to the class non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It acts by stopping the production of chemicals (prostaglandin, histamine, etc.) that cause pain, redness and swelling of joints
Q. What is Tolmetin sodium is used for?
Tolmetin is used to relieve pain, tenderness, swelling, and stiffness caused by osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Q. Is Tolmetin a narcotic drug?
No, patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.