Information about Tolfenamic Acid
Tolfenamic acid uses
Tolfenamic Acid is used in fever, arthralgia, myalgia, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, post operative pain and pain during menstruation.
How tolfenamic acid works
Tolfenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of tolfenamic acid
Available Medicine for Tolfenamic Acid
- ₹115Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolfenamic Acid
- Inform your doctor before taking tolfenamic acid if you are an elderly; if you are taking other NSAIDs; you have had asthma or decreased function of liver, kidney or heart, high blood pressure, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (example Crohn’s disease) or connective tissue disease (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment as tolfenamic acid may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Take precautions as tolfenamic acid may cause life-threatening gastrointestinal bleeding, ulceration or perforation.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.