Information about Tolfenamic Acid
Tolfenamic acid uses
Tolfenamic Acid is used in fever, arthralgia, myalgia, Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, post operative pain and Pain during menstruation.
How tolfenamic acid works
Tolfenamic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of tolfenamic acid
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Epigastric pain, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Tolfenamic Acid
- ₹115Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tolfenamic Acid
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Tolfenamic Acid can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.