Tofizopam is used in the treatment of insomnia (difficulty in sleeping) and short term anxiety.
How it works
Tofizopam induces sleep and controls seizures or fits by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects
Nausea, Aggressiveness, Blurred vision, Change in appetite, Change in body weight, Altered sexual function, Confusion, Dry mouth, Epigastric pain, Fatigue, Hyperactivity, Itching
• Do not take last dose of tofisopam during bedtime as it may cause sleep disturbance.
• Do not drive or operate machinery during tofisopam treatment as it may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients allergic to tofisopam or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to patients with aggressive-impulsive psychopathy.
• Should not be given to pregnant and breastfeeding women.