Tofizopam is used in the treatment of insomnia (difficulty in sleeping) and short term anxiety
How it works
Tofizopam induce sleep and control seizures or fits by increasing the action of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects
Impaired concentration, Dizziness, Change in body weight, Blurred vision, Hiccup, Epigastric pain, Sleepiness, Vomiting, Weakness, Altered behaviour, Increase in temperature, Nausea, Dry mouth, Muscle coordination impaired, Irritability, Slurred speech, Loss of appetite, Memory impairement, Altered sexual function, Fatigue, Jaundice, Muscle weakness, Hyperactivity, Double vision, Altered libido, Itching, Irregular menstrual cycle, Speech disorder, Sedation, Confusion, Aggressiveness, Urinary retention, Drowsiness, Drooling, Constipation, Unsteadiness, Change in appetite, Seizure
- ₹115 to ₹210Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹197Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Tofizopam may be addictive, so take it as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Tofizopam, unless the doctor has advised you. Discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms, which may include seizures.
- Tofizopam may cause memory problems, drowsiness, confusion, especially in elderly patients.
- Most people may find that it gets less effective over time.
- Avoid driving after taking Tofizopam as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Tofizopam, it may cause excessive drowsiness.