Information about Tioconazole
Tioconazole is used in the treatment of fungal infections of vagina.
How Tioconazole works
Tioconazole is an antifungal medication. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thereby treating your skin infection.
Common side effects of Tioconazole
Vaginal irritation, Burning sensation
Expert advice for Tioconazole
- Tioconazole helps treat vaginal fungal infections. It reduces vaginal burning, itching, and discharge.
- It is inserted into the vagina using an applicator, usually at night before going to bed.
- Avoid contact with your eyes. If accidental exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- It can damage condoms and diaphragms and make them ineffective at preventing pregnancy. Ask your doctor about other suitable methods of preventing pregnancy.
- It may cause minor burning, stinging, or irritation when applied. Inform your doctor if this does not go away.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you get fever, chills, stomach pain, or a bad-smelling vaginal discharge.
- Inform your doctor if your condition does not improve after 3 days, lasts more than 7 days or if the infection returns within two months.