How it works
Common side effects
- Before applying the cream, ensure that affected area is washed and dried thoroughly.
- Tioconazole solution is meant for external use only.
- Stop tioconazole if you experience local skin reactions.
- Do not have sexual intercourse while on treatment with tioconazole for vaginal yeast infections.
- Do not use tampons, douches, spermicides and other vaginal products while on treatment with tioconazole for vaginal yeast infections.
- Stop the treatment for vaginal yeast infection and inform the doctor if your symptoms do not improve in 3 days or lasts for more than 7 days, or if you develop symptoms such as rash/hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is tioconazole better than miconazole?
Both these drugs belong to same category with similar action, but their effect may vary upon individual response. Always follow doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Is tioconazole safe?
Tioconazole is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is tioconazole the same as monistat?
Monistat is the brand name or trade name for tioconazole
Q. Does tioconazole cure bacterial vaginosis?
No, tioconazole is not indicated for bacterial vaginosi
Q. Does tioconazole affect birth control?
Tioconazole may react with vaginal products of birth control such as condoms and spermicides. It is advised not have sexual intercourse while on tioconazole vaginal treatment.