Ticarcillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections and serious bacterial infections.
How it works
Ticarcillin is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects
Nausea, Diarrhoea, Inflammation, Injection site burn, Injection site pain, Vomiting
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Ensure that you undergo regular tests to monitor the function of liver and kidneys while taking this medicine.
- Use ticarcillin for the complete duration of therapy even if you feel better.
- Do not take ticarcillin for treating viral infections such as cold or flu.
- Inform your doctor before taking ticarcillin if you are taking antibiotics like neomycin, gentamycin, drugs like probenecid or methotrexate.
- Inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are going to undergo any blood tests as ticarcillin may affect the results of these tests.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.