Information about Tiagabine
Tiagabine is used in the treatment of epilepsy.
How tiagabine works
Tiagabine controls seizures by increasing the levels of GABA, a chemical messenger which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of tiagabine
Impaired concentration, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Low energy, Nausea, Nervousness, Abdominal pain, Altered thinking, Tremor
Available Medicine for Tiagabine
- ₹20 to ₹80Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tiagabine
- Inform your doctor before taking tiagabine if you have mild to moderate liver disorders or intolerance to some sugars.
- Consult your doctor if you notice increase in the number and severity of seizures, appearance of skin rashes, pimples or blisters, anxiety, depression or visual disorders.
- Do not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery after taking this drug as it may cause dizziness, sleepiness or tiredness.
- Do not stop the treatment with tiagabine without consulting your doctor as it may lead to recurrence of seizures.
- Inform your doctor before taking the drug if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.