Information about Thymosin alpha
Thymosin alpha uses
Thymosin alpha is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
How thymosin alpha works
Thymosin alpha boosts the immunity by increasing the activity of cells which have a protective function.
Common side effects of thymosin alpha
Allergic reaction, Joint pain, Decreased muscle tone, Skin rash, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Thymosin alpha
- ₹496Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Thymosin alpha
• You may be regularly monitored for liver function test during the complete course of treatment.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to Thymosin alpha 1 or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to immunocompromised patients or patients in whom immunity is suppressed e.g. organ transplant patients.
• Should not be given to children below 18 years.