Information about Thymosin alpha
Thymosin alpha uses
Thymosin alpha is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection.
How thymosin alpha works
Thymosin alpha boosts the immunity by increasing the activity of cells which have a protective function.
Common side effects of thymosin alpha
Allergic reaction, Joint pain, Decreased muscle tone, Skin rash, Skin redness
Available Medicine for Thymosin alphaNo medicine available
Expert advice for Thymosin alpha
• You may be regularly monitored for liver function test during the complete course of treatment.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to Thymosin alpha 1 or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to immunocompromised patients or patients in whom immunity is suppressed e.g. organ transplant patients.
• Should not be given to children below 18 years.