Thymosin Alpha is used in the treatment of chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection and chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
How it works
Thymosin alpha 1 also known as thymalfasin belongs to class of medications called immunomodulators. It works by increasing the immunity against infections. In cancer patients, Thymosin alpha 1 in combination with other drugs protects against chemotherapy related damage to bone marrow, opportunistic infections and increases the survival.
Common side effects
Allergic reaction, Joint pain, Decreased muscle tone, Skin rash, Skin redness
Available MedicineNo medicine available
• You may be regularly monitored for liver function test during the complete course of treatment.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be given to patients who are allergic to Thymosin alpha 1 or any of its ingredients.
• Should not be given to immunocompromised patients or patients in whom immunity is suppressed e.g. organ transplant patients.
• Should not be given to children below 18 years.