Thrombin is used in the treatment of bleeding
How it works
Thrombin is a chemical that fastens the process of clot formation and stops bleeding..
Common side effects
Arterial thromboembolism (blood clot in artery), Reduced blood platelets, Arterial hypotension (low blood pressure), Fever, Anemia, Increased heart rate, Postoperative wound infection, Bleeding, Hypersensitivity
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if you are allergic to thrombin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if you have severe reactions to human blood products.
- Do not give to patients with severe or brisk bleeding from the arteries.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is thrombin a plasma protein or an enzyme?
Thrombin is an enzyme that converts fibrinogen to fibrin to form fibrin clot.