Thrombin is used in the treatment of bleeding.
How it works
Thrombin is a chemical that fastens the process of clot formation and stops bleeding..
Common side effects
Numbness, Abnormal breathing, Abnormal vision, Allergic reaction, Anaphylactic reaction, Slurred speech, Weakness
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if you are allergic to thrombin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if you have severe reactions to human blood products.
- Do not give to patients with severe or brisk bleeding from the arteries.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is thrombin a plasma protein or an enzyme?
Thrombin is an enzyme that converts fibrinogen to fibrin to form fibrin clot.