Information about Thrombin
Thrombin is used in the treatment of bleeding.
How Thrombin works
Thrombin is a chemical that fastens the process of clot formation and stops bleeding.
Common side effects of Thrombin
Arterial thromboembolism (blood clot in artery), Low blood platelets, Hypotension (low blood pressure), Fever, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Increased heart rate, Postoperative wound infection, Bleeding, Hypersensitivity
Available Medicine for Thrombin
Expert advice for Thrombin
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if you are allergic to thrombin or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if you have severe reactions to human blood products.
- Do not give to patients with severe or brisk bleeding from the arteries.