Thiocolchicoside is used for muscle relaxation
How it works
Thiocolchicoside works by acting on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Common side effects
Abdominal cramp, Abdominal bloating, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Fatigue, Headache, Influenza like symptoms, Nausea, Weakness
- ₹39 to ₹291Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹132 to ₹213Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹118Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹163Delcure Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹115Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹250La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹120Precia Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹34Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹167Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹167Pulse Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
- Do not take if you are allergic to thiocolchicoside.
- Do not start or continue the thiocolchicoside and consult your doctor If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is thiocolchicoside a steroid?
No, thiocolchicoside is not a steroid. It is a naturally occurring glucoside from a plant source.
Q. Thiocolchicoside is derived from which plant?
Thiocolchicoside is a semi-synthetic derivative of naturally occurring compound colchicoside from the plant Gloriosa superb.
Q. What is thiocolchicoside?
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant which is used in adults and adolescents from 16 years onwards as an add-on treatment for painful muscular contractions. It is to be used for acute conditions related to the spinal column.
Q. Is thiocolchicoside safe?
Thiocolchicoside is a safe medicine if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Recently, there have been reports that one of the products formed in the body when taking thiocolchicoside at high doses may cause damage to the some cells which could be a risk factor for cancer, harm to unborn child and impairment of male fertility. Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q. How does thiocolchicoside works?
Thiocochicoside works by acting on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Q. Is thiocolchicoside safe in pregnancy?
Use of thiocolchicoside is not considered to be safe during pregnancy. it must not be used during entire pregnancy period. Please consult your doctor if you are prescribed this medicine during pregnancy or you are planning for the same. Its use is not advised in women of childbearing age especially if they are not taking any contraceptive measures also.
Q. Is thiocolchicoside safe in lactation?
Use of thiocolchicoside is not considered safe during lactation (breastfeeding). Please consult your doctor if you are advised to take this medicine and you are breastfeeding the baby.
Q. Is thiocolchicoside addictive?
No, thiocolchicoside does not have any addiction potential.