Information about Thiocolchicoside
Thiocolchicoside is used for muscle relaxation. It relieves painful spasms of the skeletal muscles.
How thiocolchicoside works
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of thiocolchicoside
Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Thiocolchicoside
- ₹43 to ₹305Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹234Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹144 to ₹184Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹209Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹178Delcure Life Sciences2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹189Meyer Organics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹140 to ₹250La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹34Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹167Ipca Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹167Pulse Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Thiocolchicoside
- Thiocolchicoside can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Thiocolchicoside, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Thiocolchicoside
Q. What is Thiocolchicoside?
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle relaxant which is used in adults and adolescents from 16 years onwards as an add-on treatment for painful muscular contractions. It is to be used for acute conditions related to the spinal column.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside a steroid?
No, Thiocolchicoside is not a steroid. It is a naturally occurring glucoside from a plant source.
Q. Thiocolchicoside is derived from which plant?
Thiocolchicoside is a semi-synthetic derivative of naturally occurring compound colchicoside from the plant Gloriosa superb.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside safe?
Thiocolchicoside is a safe medicine if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. Recently, there have been reports that one of the products formed in the body when taking Thiocolchicoside at high doses may cause damage to the some cells which could be a risk factor for cancer, harm to unborn child and impairment of male fertility. Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Q. How does Thiocolchicoside works?
Thiocochicoside works by acting on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Q. Is Thiocolchicoside addictive?
No, Thiocolchicoside is not known to have any addiction potential.