Information about Tetracycline
Tetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How tetracycline works
Tetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of tetracycline
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Tetracycline
- ₹15 to ₹29Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹22Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹16Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹10Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹17Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹9Agron Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹3 to ₹13Deys Medical2 variant(s)
- ₹7Wings Biotech Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹15Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tetracycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Tetracycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- Take Tetracycline with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach and acid reflux.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Do not take calcium, antacids or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Tetracycline.
- Discontinue Tetracycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.