Information about Tetracycline
Tetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How tetracycline works
Tetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of tetracycline
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Urticaria, Loss of appetite, Photosensitivity, Diarrhoea, Haemolytic anemia.
Available Medicine for Tetracycline
- ₹15 to ₹29Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹22Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹16Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹10Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹17Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Agron Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹13Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹12Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tetracycline
- Caution is advised while taking tetracycline if you are sensitive to light; suffer from myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness), liver and kidney disorder.
- Do not take tetracycline with milk, milk containing product or food derived from milk.
- Do not take iron and calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking tetracycline.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as tetracyclines may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sucrose or lactose.