Information about Tetracycline
Tetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How Tetracycline works
Tetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Tetracycline
Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Tetracycline
₹16 to ₹292 variant(s)
LinemettMercury Laboratories Ltd
₹12 to ₹182 variant(s)
HostacyclineSanofi India Ltd
₹16 to ₹302 variant(s)
TerapalJagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9 to ₹102 variant(s)
TetralabLaborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd
₹11 to ₹202 variant(s)
ArcyclineAgron Remedies Pvt Ltd
TetlinInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹5 to ₹123 variant(s)
QuadricAurochem Laboratories India Pvt Ltd
TriolenePan Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Tetracycline
- Your doctor has prescribed Tetracycline to cure your infection and improve symptoms.
- It should be taken on an empty stomach.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Do not take antacids or medicines containing zinc or iron at least 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking Tetracycline.
- Discontinue Tetracycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Tetracycline affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.