Tetracycline is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Tetracycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects
Nausea, Rash, Vomiting, Urticaria, Loss of appetite, Photosensitivity, Diarrhoea, Haemolytic anemia
Showing 10 of 16
- ₹12 to ₹21Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15 to ₹29Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹10Jagsonpal Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹17Abbott India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Agron Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9 to ₹13Laborate Pharmaceuticals India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- Caution is advised while taking tetracycline if you are sensitive to light; suffer from myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness), liver and kidney disorder.
- Do not take tetracycline with milk, milk containing product or food derived from milk.
- Do not take iron and calcium supplements, antacids, or laxatives within 2 hours before or after taking tetracycline.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as tetracyclines may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
- Inform your doctor if you have intolerance to sucrose or lactose.