Tetracaine is used to numb different parts of the body before a medical test or procedure.
How it works
Tetracaine belongs to the group of medicines called local anesthetics. It works by blocking the pain signals at the nerve endings in the body.
Common side effects
Increased sensitivity to light, Burning sensation, Corneal damage, Dermatitis, Eye irritation, Sensitivity, Skin redness, Swelling, Stinging sensation, Warm sensation, Watery eyes
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Do not use Tetracaine eye drops for long period without consulting eye specialist as it may damage your cornea and severely affect your eyesight.
- Take precautions to protect your numb eye from dust and bacterial contamination.
- Remove your contact lenses prior to the administration of the Tetracaine eye drops.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after instillation of Tetracaine eye drops unless vision is clear.
- Do not use large amounts of Tetracaine topical, or cover treated skin areas with a bandage or plastic wrap without medical advice.
- Do not apply on skin that is cut or irritated as it may also absorb more topical medication than healthy skin.
- Avoid using other medications on the Tetracaine topical treated areas.