Terpin hydrate helps to loosen mucus. Codeine suppresses a cough. This combination medication is used to control a cough associated with a cold or other respiratory illnesses.
How it works
Terpin hydrate belongs to a class of medications called as expectorants. It acts on the secretary cells of the respiratory system and helps in thinning and liquefying mucous thereby facilitating the elimination of mucous.
Common side effects
Vomiting, Nausea, Skin rash, Allergic reaction, Bradycardia, Confusion, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Shortness of breath, Epigastric pain, Loss of appetite, Mood changes, Rash
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Inform your doctor if you have lung diseases (e.g. asthma, emphysema), depression, constipation, a history of drug dependency, severe lung or kidney disease, breathing difficulties, inflammatory bowel disease or history of a blocked bowel, low blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, fits, abdominal pain, gallstones or bile duct problems.
- Inform your doctor if symptoms worsen or do not disappear after 7 days of use.
- Do not increase the dose or take this more often than directed. Long term or excessive use of this medication may lead to dependency.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking terpin hydrate as it may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to terpin hydrate or any of its ingredients.