Terconazole is used to treat vulvovaginal candidiasis (vaginal yeast infection).
How it works
Terconazole is an antifungal agent belonging to the class of medications called triazoles. It stops the growth of yeast (fungus) that causes the infection.
Common side effects
Chills, Pain during periods, Fever, Headache, Severe bleeding, Irritation in urethra, Vaginal burning sensation, Vaginal itching, Irritation in vagina, Pain in vagina, Pain in urethra, Burning sensation in urethra
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: diabetes, HIV-AIDS, frequent vaginal yeast infections.
- Stop using terconazole and do not re-apply if irritation, fever, chills or flu like symptoms occur.
- Terconazole should be applied before you go to bed and it works best if you do not get up again after applying it.
- Do not use latex condoms, diaphragms and cervical caps during treatment with the suppository form and for 3 days after treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding. Pregnant women should take extra care when using the vaginal applicator.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Can I take diflucan (fluconazole) with terconazole?
There is no information regarding drug interactions between terconazole and other
antifungal agents (such as fluconazole). Please consult your doctor regarding its use.
Q. Does terconazole affect birth control?
Use of terconazole suppository (but not the cream form) may damage latex condoms, diaphragms, cervical caps. Therefore, do not use latex products during treatment with the suppository form and for 3 days after treatment. Consult your doctor about other forms of birth control (such as polyurethane condoms) or use of terconazole cream.
Q. Does terconazole cure yeast infections/ BV/ bacterial infections?
Terconazole is used for the treatment of yeast and fungal infections but it has no effect on bacterial vaginosis (BV) or bacterial infections.
Q. Does terconazole cause diarrhea?
Terconazole may cause diarrhea in very rare cases. Please consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.