Telmisartan + Amlodipine
Information about Telmisartan + Amlodipine
Telmisartan + amlodipine uses
Telmisartan+Amlodipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How telmisartan + amlodipine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and Amlodipine. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by relaxing the blood vessels and making the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body. Together, they lower blood pressure effectively.
Common side effects of telmisartan + amlodipine
Sleepiness, Ankle swelling, Headache, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dizziness, Tiredness, Palpitations, Stomach upset, Increased potassium level in blood
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Amlodipine
- ₹214 to ₹335Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹172USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹52 to ₹75Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹106Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹142 to ₹217Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹197 to ₹379Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹186 to ₹307Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹217Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹177 to ₹293Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹145 to ₹268Abbott3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Amlodipine
- Telmisartan + Amlodipine is a combination of two medicines that provides better blood pressure control than either medicine alone.
- Telmisartan + Amlodipine may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause you to feel lightheaded or weak especially when you stand up. Rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- Avoid consuming alcohol as it may enhance the blood pressure lowering effect of this medicine.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. Raise your legs while you are sitting down and talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- Do not take Telmisartan + Amlodipine if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Telmisartan + Amlodipine
Telmisartan + Amlodipine
Q. What is the rationale behind this combination medicine?
Telmisartan+Amlodipine is a medicine that contains Telmisartan and Amlodipine. These two medicines are combined to lower blood pressure more effectively. Thereby, lowering the chances of having a stroke or heart attack.
Q. Can I feel dizzy after taking Telmisartan+Amlodipine?
Yes, the use of Telmisartan+Amlodipine can make you feel dizzy. This may occur when you suddenly rise up from lying or sitting position. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
Q. Can I use Telmisartan+Amlodipine in pregnancy?
No, Telmisartan+Amlodipine should be avoided in pregnancy. Its use can cause injury and death to the baby. If you conceive while using Telmisartan+Amlodipine, stop using it and contact your doctor immediately. The doctor will recommend you other ways to lower the blood pressure.
Q. What are some lifestyle changes to make while using Telmisartan+Amlodipine?
Making lifestyle changes while taking Telmisartan+Amlodipine can boost your health. Avoid smoking, as smoking increases your risk of having heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetable in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and reduce the risk of heart attack.
Q. How would I know if I have a high potassium level?
Your doctor will check your blood potassium levels periodically to detect any rise in the potassium levels. Make sure that you do not miss any future appointments with the doctor.
Q. Can I stop taking Telmisartan+Amlodipine if I feel well?
No, keep using Telmisartan+Amlodipine as advised by your doctor, even if you feel well. Stopping Telmisartan+Amlodipine suddenly may lead to serious complications such as heart attack and stroke.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of the Telmisartan+Amlodipine?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.