Information about Telbivudine
Telbivudine is used in the treatment of hiv infection and chronic hepatitis b virus (hbv) infection.
How telbivudine works
Telbivudine prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects of telbivudine
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Decreased appetite, Indigestion, Fever, Feeling of discomfort, Dizziness, Muscle pain, Joint pain, Abdominal distension, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Rash, Back pain, Liver damage.
Available Medicine for Telbivudine
- ₹2800Novartis India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹833Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telbivudine
- Do consult your doctor if you have a kidney problem, liver transplant or have liver cirrhosis.
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of persistent unexplained muscle pain, joint pain, weakness, numbness/tingling in arms and legs.
- Do not use telbivudine during pregnancy and breast-feeding. If you have hepatitis B and become pregnant, consult your doctor about how you can best protect your baby.
Frequently asked questions for Telbivudine
Q. How does Telbivudine work?
Telbivudine decreases the amount of Hepatitis B virus in the body by blocking its growth.