Tamsulosin + Dutasteride
Information about Tamsulosin + Dutasteride
Tamsulosin + Dutasteride Uses
Tamsulosin + Dutasteride is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
How Tamsulosin + Dutasteride works
Tamsulosin + Dutasteride is a combination of two medicines: Tamsulosin and Dutasteride, which relieves the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Tamsulosin is an alpha-blocker. It works by relaxing the muscle around the bladder exit and prostate gland so as to allow easy passage of urine. Dutasteride is a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor which helps in shrinking the prostate gland by decreasing the level of the hormone which helps the prostate gland grow.
Common side effects of Tamsulosin + Dutasteride
Impotence, Decreased libido, Breast pain, Ejaculation disorder, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Tamsulosin + Dutasteride
Urimax DCipla Ltd
Veltam PlusIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Dutas TDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹260 to ₹4732 variant(s)
Flodart PlusAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Geriflo-DAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹345 to ₹7272 variant(s)
TamduraSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Uritin-DOverseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Tamgress-DLa Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Tamsulosin + Dutasteride
- You have been prescribed Tamsulosin + Dutasteride to relieve the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Take it approximately 30 minutes after the same meal each day.
- Tamsulosin + Dutasteride may cause dizziness or blurring of vision. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- If you are scheduled to undergo an eye surgery due to cataract or glaucoma, inform your eye doctor about the usage of Tamsulosin + Dutasteride.
- It may cause difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection (impotence), decreased sex drive, and ejaculation disorders such as decreased amount of semen produced or decreased sperm count.
- Do not donate blood for 6 months after taking the last dose of Tamsulosin + Dutasteride.