Information about Sultamicillin
Sultamicillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sultamicillin works
Sultamicillin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering which is required for their survival in the human body.
Common side effects of sultamicillin
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Sultamicillin
- ₹412 to ₹468Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹393Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹393 to ₹425Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹387Vasu Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹390Marc Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹375Uvb Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹399Estrellas Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹225ELIS Pharmaceuticals India Pvt1 variant(s)
- ₹192Allenge India1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sultamicillin
- Make sure you complete the course even if you start to feel better.
- It is better to take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Discontinue Sultamicillin and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.
Frequently asked questions for Sultamicillin
Q. Is Sultamicillin an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Sultamicillin is an antibiotic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is available or sold over the counter?
No. Sultamicillin is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. What is Sultamicillin used for?
Sultamicillin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the abdomen, skin and female genital tract. It is not indicated for the treatment of cough, cold or throat infections
Q. Is Sultamicillin safe?
Sultamicillin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.