Information about Sultamicillin
Sultamicillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How sultamicillin works
Sultamicillin is an antibiotic. It kills the bacteria by attacking their cell wall. Specifically, it prevents the synthesis of a substance in the cell wall called peptidoglycan, which provides the cell wall with the strength required for survival of bacteria in human body.
Common side effects of sultamicillin
Nausea, Allergic reaction, Vomiting, Diarrhoea.
Available Medicine for Sultamicillin
- ₹375 to ₹425Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹393Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹375 to ₹425Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹387Vasu Organics Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹375Uvb Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Sultamicillin
- Sultamicillin is given as a drip (intravenous infusion) or as an injection directly into a vein or into a muscle. It is made up by the doctor, or nurse using water for injections or a suitable infusion fluid.
- Do not take sultamicillin if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take sultamicillin if you have liver disease or cholestatic jaundice; or viral infections.
- Avoid using sultamicillin if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Sultamicillin
Q. Is sultamicillin an antibiotic/sulfa drug?
Sultamicillin is an antibiotic drug. It is not a sulfa drug
Q. Is available or sold over the counter?
No. Sultamicillin is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. What is sultamicillin used for?
Sultamicillin is used for the treatment of bacterial infections of the abdomen, skin and female genital tract. It is not indicated for the treatment of cough, cold or throat infections
Q. Is sultamicillin safe?
Sultamicillin is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.