Information about Sulphacetamide
Sulphacetamide is used in the treatment of Bacterial infections.
How sulphacetamide works
Sulphacetamide is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects of sulphacetamide
Nausea, Vomiting, Skin rash, Allergic reaction
Available Medicine for SulphacetamideNo medicine available
Expert advice for Sulphacetamide
- Do not use if the sulphacetamide solution changes color.
- Seek immediate medical attention is you experience signs of a secondary infection, as long-term or repeated use of sulfacetamide drops may trigger the same.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any allergic symptoms such as rash, red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin.
- Avoid direct contact with the applicator tip to prevent any contamination. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking sulphacetamide as it may blurred the vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sulphacetamide or any of its ingredients.
- Do not given Infants less than 2 months.