Sulphacetamide is used in the treatment of bacterial infections
How it works
Sulphacetamide is an antibiotic. It stops bacteria from producing folic acid, a vitamin required for bacterial replication.
Common side effects
Blurred vision, Burning sensation, Eye itching, Eye swelling, Headache, Itching, Skin rash, Skin redness, Tingling sensation
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Do not use if the sulphacetamide solution changes color.
- Seek immediate medical attention is you experience signs of a secondary infection, as long-term or repeated use of sulfacetamide drops may trigger the same.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any allergic symptoms such as rash, red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin.
- Avoid direct contact with the applicator tip to prevent any contamination. Keep the container tightly closed.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking sulphacetamide as it may blurred the vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to sulphacetamide or any of its ingredients.
- Do not given Infants less than 2 months.