Information about Sorbitol Solution
Sorbitol solution uses
Sorbitol Solution is used in constipation.
How sorbitol solution works
Sorbitol solution works by drawing water into the intestine through osmosis, which makes the stool soft and easier to pass.
Common side effects of sorbitol solution
Available Medicine for Sorbitol SolutionNo medicine available
Expert advice for Sorbitol Solution
- Avoid taking a Sorbitol Solution for more than 1 week, unless prescribed by the doctor, as it leads to dependency on the laxative action to produce a bowel movement.
- Together with Sorbitol Solution, fiber rich diet containing whole grain bread and cereals, bran, fruits and green leafy vegetables, is essential to maintain healthy bowel function.
- A Sorbitol Solution should preferably be taken at bedtime because it requires 6 to 8 hours to show impact.
- Notify your doctor if you are on a low-sugar diet because the Sorbitol Solution contains sugars.
- Take Sorbitol Solution after 2 hours from other medicines, as it may interfere with the absorption of other medicines.