Information about Solifenacin
Solifenacin is used in the treatment of overactive urinary bladder.
How solifenacin works
Solifenacin works by relaxing muscles of the urinary bladder and prevents frequent, urgent or uncontrolled urination.
Common side effects of solifenacin
Dry mouth, Nausea, Constipation, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Blurred vision
Available Medicine for Solifenacin
- ₹245 to ₹370Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹402 to ₹1064Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹322 to ₹374Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹404 to ₹569Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹218 to ₹360Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹214Fourrts India Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹249 to ₹327Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹219Sanzyme Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹240Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Solifenacin
- Do not take solifenacin if you are allergic to solifenacin or any of the other ingredients of this tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered if you are undergoing kidney dialysis or are having any kidney problems; if you have liver disease or are taking medication for liver problems; difficulty in passing urine; stomach problems like ulcerative colitis; disease causing muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis); increased eye pressure or glaucoma.
- Avoid using solifenacin if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Solifenacin
Q. How does solifenacin work?
It acts by reducing contractions in the muscles of the urinary bladder and tract
Q. What is it used for?
Solifenacin is used to treat patients who suffer from urinary incontinence (inability to control urine) and increased urinary frequency, which is usually caused by an overactive bladder. It belongs to a antimuscarinic class of medication
Q. Is solifenacin an antibiotic/ sulfa drug/steroid/anticholinergic?
Solifenacin is not an antibiotic/sulfa drug/steroid. It is a type of anticholinergic which is called antimuscarinic (acts only against muscarinic receptors)
Q. What is solifenacin succinate tablet?
Solifenacin succinate is the tablet formulation of solifenacin
Q. Is solifenacin safe?
Solifenacin is safe when taken for an indication and at a dose strictly instructed by your doctor
Q. How quickly does solifenacin work?
Solifenacin should be taken for 4 weeks at least before major improvements are observed
Q. Does solifenacin cause weight gain/fluid or water retention?
Solifenacin has some side effects like fluid or water retention. It is not known to cause weight gain. If side effects are observed then consult the doctor immediately
Q. Does it affect the contraceptive pill?
It is not known to affect the contraceptive pill.
Q. Is Solifenacin same as Tamsulosin?
No, Solifenacin is not same as Tamsulosin. Both belong to different classes of drugs. Tamsulosin is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia whereas Solifenacin is used to treat overactive bladder.